file submission : archetype survivor

13 Mar 2020 12:01 #99278 by snegiem
Archetype: survivor
master.trifle.archetype.
At the end of a combat round, if this vampire is ready and has no blood, you can tap this card to give him a blood from the bloodbank.

source: archetype list in wod sourcebooks.

image: a very badly injured vampire

First idea was a card to reward vampire who survived a harsh combat.
I think it would have no place in big cap decks but rather in midcap decks rather than weenies.
alternatively as it makes a vampire slightly harder to torpor, I was wondering to put a rewarding point for the opposing minion as "Burn this card if this vampire goes to torpor.
a vampire can have only one archetype."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2020 14:46 #99280 by Sambomb
I liked it.
Maybe instead of "burn if torpor" you can tap do reduce the cost to move from torpor too.
Its not broken since you tap it to use and must enter combat to use it.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
13 Mar 2020 21:44 #99285 by jamesatzephyr

Archetype: survivor
master.trifle.archetype.
At the end of a combat round, if this vampire is ready and has no blood, you can tap this card to give him a blood from the bloodbank.

This is quite neat.

One question, though. Given its timing is "end of round", are you intending that this can be activated and then play Taste of Vitae after it (which is also end of round)? If not, you could have the blood added after combat - although that would stop it giving a vampire a blood just before another round starts, which may also be what you want.

More
14 Mar 2020 00:04 #99286 by Lech
Nice,I'd add" once each turn, at the end of round of combat, if this vampire have one or zero blood,he may gain 1 blood."

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
15 Mar 2020 08:51 #99311 by snegiem
to james: in order at the end of the turn you have press, taste, disarm
so I think that it would happen in the same "time" than taste, so you could opt to use taste or survivor in any order at least if you taste for zero, in other case, you would need to make press/survivor/taste/disarm

to Lech: I had put a lock (not tap) condition to make it easier to remember if used or not, and to multiply the potential gains would make the card too powerful i am afraid...
Reason : let s take a vampire with PRE and survivor with one blood. He blocks successfully an action, no grapple, he plays majesty, he untaps and gain one blood as he ended to zero blood.
with my wording, you can do it once in a while, with your version up to three times per full table (my pred turn, my turn, my prey turn) + more if eagle sight or the other arhimane crosstable block card ...

to Sambomb, you would prefer something as :
"At the end of a combat round, if this vampire is ready and has no blood, you can tap this card to give him a blood from the bloodbank. Alternatively, if this vampire is in torpor, you can tap this card to reduce the cost of leaving torpor by one. A vampire can have only one archetype" => it would be a too long text i feel...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds