file Submission: Plague Wind

14 Mar 2020 10:24 - 14 Mar 2020 10:50 #99292 by Nictuku
Name:Plague Wind
Cardtype:Master
Cost: 0
Clan: Harbringer of Skulls
(Card text) Unique. Trifle. When Plague Wind is played put 10 counters on it. When a player replaces a card in their hand burn a counter from this card and that player burns the top 2 card from his/her library. Any player can burn this card with a D action.

Flavor text:

Art notes:

World of Darkness reference:

How does this card address a compelling game need?:Another global milling mechanism.

Created by: Norbert Flasko
Last edit: 14 Mar 2020 10:50 by Nictuku.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2020 12:56 #99294 by jamesatzephyr

Name:Plague Wind
Cardtype:Master
Cost: 0
(Card text) Unique. Trifle. When Plague Wind is played put 10 counters on it. When a player replaces a card in their hand burn a counter from this card and that player burns the top 2 card from his/her library. Any player can burn this card with a D action.

I'm not sold on the need for more milling, but leaving that aside...

This has a potentially extremely significant cost for you, as a player, in that if you do anything this turn that involves any play of cards, it uses up counters (and cards) for you. If you draw it and play it on turn 3 when you only have Nicomedes out, that's maybe not so bad for you - but being unique, you probably only have a few in your deck, so can't rely on that. If you say "Well, I'm not doing much in my turn because I block a lot" (perhaps to defend the card!), that's cool - but blocking still typically requires card plays. Sure, you may have Bowl and Mr Winthrop, but you're probably playing Eyes of Argus and Enhanced Senses too. If it gets back round to you and there are still counters on it, are you thinking about another very frugal turn? So I'm not sure it's delivering what you want.

Text like: "When another player...." (i.e. not you) would exempt you completely. Text like "When a player replaces a card during their turn..." would exempt you when blocking, though it also provides an opening for out-of-turn acting (e.g. your predator using Enkil Cog, your prey using Madness Network).

More
14 Mar 2020 14:17 - 14 Mar 2020 14:18 #99295 by Nictuku
Replied by Nictuku on topic Submission: Plague Wind
The way I see milling is an alternative new resource, something like Master cards, but not that permanent and you need to work on them to see some effects. Secondly something you can do to the table, removing their resources, cards... starving their decks... therfore it might affect hypertuned 60 card decks as they will have no cards left for lategame.

There are some cards already that manipulate this aspect of the game, such as Shambling, Legionare so milling yourself probably desirable if you play them. Also I proposed this card which could help making milling global around the table.

Name: Maria Asuncion, Fate's Pawn
Cardtype: Vampire
Capacity: 6
Discipline: NEC AUS for
(Card text) When you burn a card from the top of any library you burn cards every Mathusalem's library.

Also, by milling everybody is not lethal maybe annoying, but it could be a strategy to win the game by reducing your opponents resources, using their ashheap against them and taking advantage of your own cards in your discard pile.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2020 14:18 by Nictuku.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds