file Soaring Leap

17 Jun 2020 11:41 #100119 by Sambomb
Soaring Leap was created by Sambomb
Name: Soaring Leap
Cardtype: Combo
Discipline: :POT:
:pot: :combat: Maneuver
:POT: :action: :blood: Put this card on this vampire. This vampire gets 1 optional maneuver each combat. A vampire can have only one Soaring Leap.

Flavor text: "I ain't the worst that you've seen
Ah, can't you see what I mean?
Ah, might as well jump!" - Van Hallen - Jump

Art notes: Person hovering in the air because of a jump you can see the momentum in the clothes maybe a trenchcoat, or leather jacket, hovering above some fences in the background

World of Darkness reference: Soaring Leap V5 potence level 1

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Potence lack a chance to maneuver because almost every other discipline have something that enables it now.

Created by: Samir Sardinha

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2020 20:59 #100122 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic Soaring Leap
I really dig this concept. Would definitely see use, but doesn't seem to be overpowered.

More
18 Jun 2020 14:06 #100125 by lip
Replied by lip on topic Soaring Leap
Love the idea to have some V5 basic powers.

Not too sure about the action at superior - it makes sense in terms of balance/gameplay, but I fail to see the link with the actual power in V5: soaring leap is nothing permanent. Maybe a "Strike: Combat Ends" at no cost would be better ? Another proposal that could make sense: "Cancel a card or effect that sets the range to long" - I would see how a soaring leap can take care of a sniper, and that would make the card worth the inclusion.

More
19 Jun 2020 00:24 #100128 by Sambomb
Replied by Sambomb on topic Soaring Leap

Love the idea to have some V5 basic powers.

Not too sure about the action at superior - it makes sense in terms of balance/gameplay, but I fail to see the link with the actual power in V5: soaring leap is nothing permanent. Maybe a "Strike: Combat Ends" at no cost would be better ? Another proposal that could make sense: "Cancel a card or effect that sets the range to long" - I would see how a soaring leap can take care of a sniper, and that would make the card worth the inclusion.

Actually, the power is Passive, thats where I get the superior version.

File Attachment:

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
19 Jun 2020 09:44 #100131 by lip
Replied by lip on topic Soaring Leap
Oh, that's a very good point.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds