file Card idea: Cold Andy (Hunter)

06 Sep 2011 10:23 - 06 Sep 2011 10:24 #9645 by Ankha
Name: Cold Andy (Hunter)
Cardtype: Ally
Cost: 1 pool
Unique mortal with 2 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed.
When Cold Andy enters play, you may equip him with a non-unique weapon that costs 3 pool or less from your hand, ash heap or library (shuffle afterward) (requirements must be met; pay cost as normal). He can enter combat with a tapped minion as a (D) action.

Is is interesting? (and why?)
Is is balanced (and why?)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 06 Sep 2011 10:24 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2011 11:05 #9646 by Lech
It's rushing ally that cost less than Ossian (just as much as Ossian with magnum), deal ranged damage with his .44 and will be decent addition for :cel: gun decks and dbr weenie decks.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
06 Sep 2011 11:39 #9647 by Ankha

will be decent addition for[...] dbr weenie decks.

Hm, it's not a great idea then.
This could be fixed by adding a "requires a vampire of capacity 5 or more" condition.

Prince of Paris, France

More
06 Sep 2011 12:56 #9653 by Mael
Interesting, yes. Partly because I just like allies, partly because his ability to fetch a weapon gives more possibility for interaction with the rest of your deck than current similar allies.

Balanced, difficult to say. I think it's probably a bit cheap, but 2 pool would be too expensive.

Compare Cold Andy with a .44 magnum to Wendell Delburton (I think that's the fairest comparison).
Same cost, maneuver, ranged damage. Andy is less durable and his rush is more restrictive, but he doesn't try to kill your own vampires. On balance, I'd normally prefer Andy here.

His main advantage though over similar allies is probably his versatility, which is what makes him hard to accurately price. (ie he can be as above, or can be a 1 pool cost ally who hits for 2 in melee, or various others depending on the situation). The fact that you can move his weapon to another minion is probably not quite balanced by the fact that it can be destroyed.

I don't think adding a straight capacity restriction on recruiting him is a good idea as this makes him less useful in ally decks, and unplayable in Imbued decks. It would work ok if you phrased it as 'cannot be recruited by a vampire with capacity below X', or 'requires an ally or a vampire of capacity X or more' (or possibly '...requires a mortal ally or ...').

Other ways you could nerf him slightly would be to restrict his fetching ability to exclude the ash heap, to restrict what actions he can take (eg cannot take D actions that aren't actions to enter combat), or to prevent your own effects from moving a weapon on him to another minion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
06 Sep 2011 14:17 #9658 by Ankha

or to prevent your own effects from moving a weapon on him to another minion.

It's not a big concern since he's unique so he can't be used as a "weapon fetcher" more than once (that costs 1 pool).

I'd like to fix the DBR issue quite explicitely:

When Cold Andy enters play, you may equip him with a non-unique weapon that costs 3 pool or less from your hand, ash heap or library (shuffle afterward) (requirements must be met; pay cost as normal). He can enter combat with a tapped minion as a (D) action. He can't play Dragon's Breath Rounds.

Prince of Paris, France

More
06 Sep 2011 14:24 #9660 by Lech

or to prevent your own effects from moving a weapon on him to another minion.

It's not a big concern since he's unique so he can't be used as a "weapon fetcher" more than once (that costs 1 pool).

I'd like to fix the DBR issue quite explicitely:

When Cold Andy enters play, you may equip him with a non-unique weapon that costs 3 pool or less from your hand, ash heap or library (shuffle afterward) (requirements must be met; pay cost as normal). He can enter combat with a tapped minion as a (D) action. He can't play Dragon's Breath Rounds.

Such specific hoser is not gentle. 'he cant play ammo cards' would be better. Perhaps 'action directed at him cost vampires an additional blood' would solve most of 'weapon feach' problems.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds