file VTES arts and crafts

10 Mar 2012 19:43 - 10 Mar 2012 19:46 #25533 by talonz
VTES arts and crafts was created by talonz
So my old poolbox was getting beatup, broken corner, the little jyhad cardboard cutout looking sad and neglected, loose on top of my blood counters and whatnots....time for a new one.

So I rummaged through my various card holders and old vtes boxtops and over an hour or so of careful cutting and fitting into a new poolbox came up with the following;

top view
File Attachment:

hmm, not the best pic, doesnt show the third edtion hand holding skull art, oh well.

open/other corner view
File Attachment:

bottom
File Attachment:

and lurking at the inside bottom
File Attachment:

So, what unique vtes arts and crafty thing can you share with us? :)
Last edit: 10 Mar 2012 19:46 by talonz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clément, Joscha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2012 20:26 - 10 Mar 2012 20:42 #25538 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic Re: VTES arts and crafts
Here's another one; making a custom edge out of a pinback button.

I bought a number of vampire related buttons, and made an edge out of a few by removing the pin altogether. You will need a pair of pliers with built in wire cutters. See below.

File Attachment:

There are 2 or more types of pinbacks. One wraps around the inside back lip and points back towards itself, probably easy to remove without cutting anything by just bending and popping it loose.
File Attachment:

The bigger version's point leads back to a coiled spring, than underneath the pin backing to re-emerge and make a u shape clamp. More common on bigger buttons. This is the kind my smily fang face button had.

Cut just underneath the spring on the right. Than with the pliers grab the u clamp and carefully pull the remainder out. It should look like this now;

File Attachment:

You now have a unique edge that wont rattle around noisily nor scratch any table surface.

File Attachment:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2012 20:42 by talonz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clément, Amenophobis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds