file Deckmaster license is public in 2014?

07 Jul 2012 19:01 #32886 by AaronC

Plus, as Adonai points out in that thread you would have to convince CCP that republishing VTES would yield good profit. Given he has inside information he cannot disclose as it would be a breach I trust what he is saying. Some former employees as well as current could back that up, but you will see no public disclosure on the topic so you will have to be satisfied with that information.

Please explain something about this. This implies that a license agreement necessarily includes profit-sharing. Is that true? When the word "license" is used, I think of a one-time payment or fixed payments over time in order to use the material. It would seem that any payment they receive would be profitable over no payment, assuming that their IP wasn't "tarnished" in their eyes.

The figure $250,000 has been brought up. What would that cover? The first year or something? Or would that cover a 10 year agreement, which would include X% of the profits? I'm curious about the business model.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2012 00:04 #32890 by Adonai

The figure $250,000 has been brought up. What would that cover?

Art, layout, design, printing, and shipping to 1 warehouse for a set the size of Keepers of Tradition or V:TES. i.e. ~400 cards in boosters and starters in sufficient quantity to have them stocked by retail stores.

And nothing else.

Smaller sets and smaller print runs can reduce that price, but the printing, shipping, warehousing are the biggest bits of that chain.

So, if you aren't CCP or Hasbro, you have the printing costs as above plus the IP costs.

There were a number of Inquest magazine articles about this during the early 2000s, the price may have gone up in the intervening years with the changing economy. I'd post the links for you, but Inquest was part of another company that was focused on games that has gone of out business this century.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds