file Newbie to game, wondering about Online

27 Mar 2013 19:31 #46304 by Bob_no_Oni
Greetings folks,

I am currently looking to start playing V:TES. I am reading the rulebook you have here on site and have both LackeyCCG and OCTGN installed. I am wondering a couple of things:

1. Is there people that teach newcomers how to play, after they have read the rules?

2. Are there easy to use starter decks to just get into the game with since I am not sure what to do for deck creation?

Thank you everyone for any help. Hoping this works for me, as I have always enjoyed the background and RPG for Vampire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2013 19:43 #46307 by kombainas
Regarding your 2nd question you can always start with the original preconstructed decks with deck-lists available at www.secretlibrary.info/?deck=precon . They are mostly sub-optimal, but totally playable. Just try to play with them as they are and look which cards work well, and which less so in a given deck. Then you could remove some of them to make the deck more effective and later on look, what people are using with the cards you opted to keep in deck.

My personal opinion is that Stealth & Bleed (S&B) decks are the most straightforward. Good examples of clans with a knack for S&B are Malkavinas/!Malkavians and Setites.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
27 Mar 2013 20:16 - 27 Mar 2013 20:23 #46314 by DeathInABottle
Stealth-bleed decks are definitely the easiest ways to start: there are very few mechanics you have to worry about mastering, and you stand a good chance of winning. It's a nice way to start playing the game.

Learning online is going to be tough; I don't know of a lot of interactive resources. There are, however, a host of static ones: start by taking a look at the strategy articles on thelasombra.com, like this or this . From there, you'll probably find the deck archetypes posts on extrala useful: they'll give you ideas about other strategies to try out, and will definitely give you insight into what your opponents are up to. (And they're really well written.)

Good luck!

Edit: If you want to emulate a particular deck, I would start with the classic Malk '94 .
Last edit: 27 Mar 2013 20:23 by DeathInABottle.

More
27 Mar 2013 20:57 #46316 by Bob_no_Oni
What program is best to play online? I have seen both OCTGN and LackeyCCG. are there any others?

More
27 Mar 2013 21:02 #46317 by Ke.

Learning online is going to be tough; I don't know of a lot of interactive resources.

I'd recommend you watch a few games on Lackey and then join in. I've taught a few players to play there and most players are patient with and welcome new players...

Just read the rules first and don't be afraid to ask questions.

www.lackeyccg.com/vtes/

More
29 Mar 2013 22:02 #46391 by jhattara

What program is best to play online? I have seen both OCTGN and LackeyCCG. are there any others?

There's also browser based JOL www.deckserver.net/jol3/beta

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds