file Nergal promo deck

14 Apr 2013 01:42 #46917 by Tdog
Nergal promo deck was created by Tdog
I was thinking about using this deck when my group can get a lot of players for a session. Maybe we can use it at the end of a mini "tournament" or something. Is it a good idea to modify it? Throw in a crypt or some soul gems, maybe some other broken or banned cards? Also, if so, what can I do with the legal Nergal (basic and ADV) cards. I want to make it nasty brutal. What do you think? Is it neccessary?
My group has never actually gotten around to using the Prince of Hell deck before now...

(Also, if he is the Prince of Hell, does he get 2 votes? kidding)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2013 03:17 - 14 Apr 2013 03:17 #46919 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: Nergal promo deck
dont forget the Nergal, Prince of Hell had the addtional benefit of burning a blood to burn any card on him during his untap phase (eg. Pentex, temptation) and was the prey/predator of every other methuselah.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2013 03:17 by blackday.

More
14 Apr 2013 03:25 #46921 by Tdog
Replied by Tdog on topic Re: Nergal promo deck
Yeah, it took some effort to track down the rules. Another one was that Nergal player sits/plays last.

More
14 Apr 2013 05:03 - 14 Apr 2013 05:04 #46923 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Nergal promo deck
Hard to track down? It's right on VEKN.net:
vekn.net/index.php/storyline-events/33-infernal-plague-ii

The Nergal deck is brutal as it is. It's almost destined to win if not all the other players gang up on him. The final I was watching had one player co-ooperating with the Nergal player, that was all it needed.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2013 05:04 by extrala.

More
24 Apr 2013 14:04 #47557 by ReverendRevolver
I think that thexpoint was everyone has to eliminate him, together, and if methuselahs resort to their infighting, or ifeven one of them falls to nergals machinations and helps him, they are all screwed. Anyone ivextalked to aboutcitsys thexentire table takes out nergal or nergal wins.

More
24 Apr 2013 16:53 #47583 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Nergal promo deck

Hard to track down? It's right on VEKN.net:
vekn.net/index.php/storyline-events/33-infernal-plague-ii

The Nergal deck is brutal as it is. It's almost destined to win if not all the other players gang up on him. The final I was watching had one player co-ooperating with the Nergal player, that was all it needed.

I can confirm this. I won our other Nergal tournament with the promo deck. I went second seed to the final and the first seed decided to pass on Nergal. All I needed to sweep was just a single turn, just one turn, when that player decided to do one action that was not aimed at me. He would've ousted me with that one action, but after my next turn I ousted 1 other player and had 15 pool more. After that it was over.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds