file Nergal promo deck

27 Apr 2013 03:16 #47814 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Nergal promo deck
Maaan, Nergal. I got to use Nergal in the storyline tournament. We misunderstood that Nergal has to be the last man standing to win, so I didn't try so hard to oust everyone... I did have help, at least one of the players wanted Nergal to win.

My dog ate my Nergal deck. No lie, when we first got her she liked to chew on stuff and chewed up one of my V:tES boxes that had the Nergal deck in it... Would be nice to get a new one. :S

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2013 14:33 #47928 by Soonerborn
Replied by Soonerborn on topic Re: Nergal promo deck
I played in two different Prince of Hell storyline events (one in Oklahoma and one in North Texas).

The first one I managed to win (Giovanni) by actively rallying the table to get rid of nergal first. The guy playing nergal was really new to vtes or he probably would've beat us all anyway. But since nobody had actually seen the contents of the deck yet most of us passed on the opportunity to play it...

At the second event (second seed) I jumped at the chance to play it (being familiar with it). That table involved all veteran players with strong decks. Nergal (me) would've won that table as well but the players voted to time the final (guys from another playgroup had 3+ hr drive home). A Ventrue law firm deck won via timeout with literally every minion burned or in torpor and ~6 pool. And a lot of stalling... but that's vtes.

Point being; the prince of hell deck is an absolute powerhouse that doesn't need any help. Keep it as is (tight) and recur, recur, recur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds