file Third Use of Dreams of the Sphinx

26 Jul 2013 00:21 #52268 by the1andonlime
Just out of curiosity, is the "Tap during your untap phase to gain an additional pool if you have the Edge." function of Dreams even remotely useful? Have yet to see anyone use it over the years.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2013 02:15 #52271 by TorranceCircle
I once saw a player use it to gain pool in a permacept deck featuiring smiling jack, raven spies, and earth meld. He gained the edge and kept it for a bit by defending it and the smiling jack. Then he let the edge go so he could focus on saving smiling jack. "Useful" - I'm not sure, but he did use the "Tap during your untap phase to gain an additional pool if you have the Edge." function.

More
26 Jul 2013 02:57 #52272 by Ankha
Even if it happens 0.1% of the time, it can save your life, so it's better to have it and not use it than the reverse.
I think I did use it once because I was low on pool and didn't have any uncontrolled minion.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
26 Jul 2013 06:51 #52284 by Lönkka
In the beginning of your turn when you have another one in your hand and, for some reason, don't want to have extra cards (you could be extremely low on pool for example) you use this ability to remove the old Dreams in order to be able to play a new one.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
26 Jul 2013 08:41 #52286 by Boris The Blade
It works in the untap phase, so it can save you against automatic damage like Smiling Jack, Anarch Revolt, Fame,...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds