file A 5th Deck

24 Jun 2011 14:49 #5445 by MaxO
A 5th Deck was created by MaxO
I got my 3rd ed start box through, and man this game is fun! However, now we have mashed the decks together (as per the decks posted on the lasombra) we only have 4 decks. As we have 5 players, I was wondering what would be a good way to get a 5th deck?

Deck bashing two starters has worked well so far, so I was wondering which two I should mash together for a 5th deck? I would like something different to the clans presented in the 3rd Ed starters, to give maximum variety in the games.

Yours,

Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2011 15:41 #5446 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: A 5th Deck
You might perhaps try 2 ravnos starters from LotN, that gives you couple discplines not used by the starter clans in 3rd, even though the vampires in the starter are not terribly optimal. 2 of the setite starter from LotN would give you very effective stealth bleed deck (someone even got to the finals in a fairly big tournament around here in a constructed tournament with a deck that was just two of those starters put together)

More
24 Jun 2011 15:46 #5447 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: A 5th Deck
If you can get 2x the Lords of the Night Followers of Set starters, they can make something pretty good. You could do 1x Kindred Most Wanted Baali and 1x LotN FoS for a little variety.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
26 Jun 2011 22:34 #5480 by Lost_Heretic
Replied by Lost_Heretic on topic Re: A 5th Deck

I got my 3rd ed start box through, and man this game is fun! However, now we have mashed the decks together (as per the decks posted on the lasombra) we only have 4 decks. As we have 5 players, I was wondering what would be a good way to get a 5th deck?

How are your 3rd edition decks built?

I'm guessing Malkavian are stealth/bleed? Brujah are combat rush?

Off the top of my head, you might not have any vote decks. Maybe combine two Ventrue decks?

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast

More
27 Jun 2011 05:53 #5493 by MaxO
Replied by MaxO on topic Re: A 5th Deck
The Malkavians are indeed a rush/bleed. The Brujah are a vote deck which can survive the combat. The Tzimisce is a wall deck and the Tremere are.....the tremere. They use paul cordwood alot.

Thanks for the interest. I really liked the vote deck so may look at a Ventrue deck.

More
27 Jun 2011 07:52 #5495 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: A 5th Deck

The Malkavians are indeed a rush/bleed. The Brujah are a vote deck which can survive the combat. The Tzimisce is a wall deck and the Tremere are.....the tremere. They use paul cordwood alot.

Thanks for the interest. I really liked the vote deck so may look at a Ventrue deck.

If you've liked the game just buy box of KoT starters. There are great number of cards to enchance 3-d ed. decks, as well as material for more decks.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds