file A 5th Deck

27 Jun 2011 12:43 #5502 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: A 5th Deck

The Malkavians are indeed a rush/bleed.

Cool.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2011 21:09 #5511 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: A 5th Deck

rush/bleed

Cool.

I do not think it means what you think it means.

MaxO, do you mean that the Malkavian deck 'enters combat as an action' and also bleeds? This is what Joscha is taking you to mean.

I think it is more likely that the Malkavian deck is a 'fast' bleed deck rather than a 'rush' bleed deck.

Rush has a particular meaning in V:TES.

See also:
www.thelasombra.com/terminology.htm
and
www.thelasombra.com/lists/abbreviations.txt

More
27 Jun 2011 22:37 #5513 by MaxO
Replied by MaxO on topic Re: A 5th Deck
Ah, my bad. Yeah, it's just a very fast stealth/bleed deck. my bad.

I think I'm gonna grab a box of LotN, cos that gives me alot of cool independant clans (which is what I roleplayed in the oWoD) aswell as something to enhance my 3rd ed decks. I'm being told KoT starters are the way forward, so I think I'll get on that.

I heard that the Ventrue and Lasombra fill a similar role, voting based. Which of these is better?

Yours,

Max

More
28 Jun 2011 01:55 #5517 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: A 5th Deck
Lasombra have stealth, which is a key difference. Ventrue are much better at multi-acting via Freak Drive and Majesty. Stealth bleed is a very basic and effective type of deck, as you may have noticed with the !malks. Ventrue rely on the inherant votes, camarilla-based cards (i.e. Parity Shift (especially hard to come by), second tradition, various other traditions), and out-actioning their opponents to win. Lasombra can vote, but it requires the right crypt and support cards.

Do you guys live in the USA? Where at?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
28 Jun 2011 06:20 #5519 by MaxO
Replied by MaxO on topic Re: A 5th Deck
No, we live the UK and are playing the game on our summer break from University - when we return to our uni's we're gonna try and set up more playgroups and spread the Vampire love! This is partly why I'm getting more decks, as I want to be able to teach 4 other people at once.

I'd like a Camarilla deck aswell, to offset the Sabbat, but are their cards rarer than the Sabbat ones?

Also, what is a Prince deck?

Yours,

Max

More
28 Jun 2011 12:21 #5530 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: A 5th Deck
Parity Shift is a pretty expensive vote card that is very useful. I see that some of the auctions have gone for not too much money, so it might be worth putting in low bids. There are other cards like second, third and fourth tradition, that aren't as expensive. If you do ventrue, ventrue headquarters is useful and cheap. The KoT starter box isn't a bad way to go, but I expect that you would need to supplement it with other cards to make it work. Check out this group to see if people can hook you up with some basic cards:

www.anarchfreepress.com/vtesuk/index.php?sid=958f1e931493b4d7b6e498a56904a2aa

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds