file Atom Weaver's Deck challenge for 2 3rd Ed !Brujah starters.

27 Jun 2011 12:42 #5501 by MaxO
Hey,

The deck performed pretty well, and I won one of the games although it was outrageously close.

The main problem I had with the deck was that I often had a lot of dead combat cards in my hand and no way to intercept, and failed to do much damage at all until I began to draw Kine Resources Contested. To this end, I've put in more of the KRC and am now trying to find a way to increase my intercept.

Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2011 14:21 #5505 by drnlmza

To this end, I've put in more of the KRC and am now trying to find a way to increase my intercept.

It's going to be hard to increase the intercept significantly and still stay with the cards from the starters, and it's tricky to generate significant intercept with the !Brujah at the best of times.

If you're consistently clumping on combat, adding some more ways of getting into combat (Harras and Rumble are in the !Tremere starter) is a possibility, and allows you to threaten your predator if being bled heavily (the back-rushing defense). This is a tricky tactic to make work, though, as weakening your predator doesn't help you oust your prey.

Branching out into Third Ed boosters will give you access some more intercept options - the ones the !Brujah should be able use include Sports Bike, The Rumor Mill, Rooftop Shadows and Legwork.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
27 Jun 2011 14:57 #5506 by MaxO
Thanks for the reply! I was told that the KoT starters were another good way to expand my collection and help build my decks - would you agree?

Max

More
27 Jun 2011 16:14 #5507 by Klaital
Instead of adding rush or intercept, add more bleed to tempt people to block. Legal Manipulations is something that people usually want to block. And even if they don't, its still 3 pool damage and +1 pool to you so good deal either way.

More
27 Jun 2011 20:52 #5510 by drnlmza
The KoT starters will be definately be a good addition to your collection, and will give you a number of extra options. For the !Brujah deck, for example, some of the combat cards from the KoT Bruajh deck (Immortal Grapple, Torn Signpost, Psyche) will be good additions, and the various PRE bleed cards will provide additional ousting options.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds