file Save the TWDA

01 Nov 2013 13:38 #56088 by M.Schumacher
Save the TWDA was created by M.Schumacher
As it appears the TWDA that has been taken care of by Jeff for such a long
time will no longer be updated on its original site.
As many have pointed out in the their initial responses to these sad news
the TWDA has been an inspiration, documentation and source of motivation for
many vtes players, including myself.
Getting ur first entry into the TWDA can be a very fulfilling event in your
vtes carrier, and reaching the hall of fame even moreso. For me personally
the presence in the TWDA, be it 1 or many entries is alot more satisfying than the VTES ranking is or used to be. It is not per se about competition but being included in a community due to your deck building and playing skill and it is a nice opportunity to recieve ur 15 minnutes of fame.
The TWDA also servers as a sensitive indicator of how the game is evolving,
be it the imbued wave, the tup dog terror or the rise to power of "girls find something".
Therefor i petition to keep the TWDA alive in some form, be it by someone
willing and able to do so on their own site or implementing it on the vekn.net. I guess there could be also shared rights of adding to the TWDA for several people, so that the work load is somewhat shared.
If there were someone to implement an easy access to the database, i would gladly help to keept the TWDA up to date, but unfortunatly i am a totally ignorant when it comes to web hosting/design or whatever the correct vocabulary for "putting things on the web" is.
So i guess the real purpose of the thread is:
Who has a solution of how to keep the TWDA alive
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis, Stefan, Volpenera, AaronC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2013 13:41 #56089 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: Save the TWDA
Already working on it. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, Lönkka, D-dennis, Jussi, Stefan, HG.fi, Shockwave, KevinM, Volpenera, Lech, self biased, wesile

More
01 Nov 2013 16:28 #56095 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Save the TWDA

Already working on it. :)

It may not be perfect, but the folks running the secret library have been decent about keeping twd info on thier site. Very useful, incase you ever wonder how many times obscure cards have won, or how many times hugh has won with intercept and sticks.......

Very neat, those guys have always been an invaluable resource as well.

I feel if we reinstate the hall of fame, we should add some sparkle, and make an enormous spotlight for Jeff in it, for all hes done over the years.

More
01 Nov 2013 17:45 - 01 Nov 2013 17:47 #56098 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Save the TWDA

It may not be perfect, but the folks running the secret library have been decent about keeping twd info on thier site. Very useful, incase you ever wonder how many times obscure cards have won, or how many times hugh has won with intercept and sticks.......

Initially Jussi started entering the TWDs into Secret Library, later on Pascal and I entered a lot of the decks, and currently I am updating the SL with the decks that appear in the Event Reports on vekn.net every two weeks or so.

Go to the Deck Search page of Secret Library. Enter "10" (or whatever number you feel comfortable with) as minimum number of participants, and voila you have almost of the decks of the TWDA. Currently there are 2205 decks marked as TWDs in tournaments with 10 or more players.

There are some issues with this compared to Lasombra's TWDA, namely that everybody can enter a TWD at the moment, and only the author (and Jussi, I guess) I guess can correct any errors or delete a deck if it isn't actually a tournament winning one. There are some errors (dates, duplicates, etc.) but largely the decks are identical to the ones in the TWDA.
Last edit: 01 Nov 2013 17:47 by extrala.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Lönkka, BenPeal

More
01 Nov 2013 21:39 #56106 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Save the TWDA

Go to the Deck Search page of Secret Library. Enter "10" (or whatever number you feel comfortable with) as minimum number of participants, and voila you have almost of the decks of the TWDA. Currently there are 2205 decks marked as TWDs in tournaments with 10 or more players.

Alternatively, you can use this link:

www.veknfrance.com/twd.html

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
01 Nov 2013 21:41 #56107 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Save the TWDA
If you spot any errors in the TWD in the Secret Library, you can always pester me through this forum and I will fix it.

P.S. It's nevr easy to write on a tablet when you are drunk and on a train. Conferences can be tough occasionally. Especially when the sponsore is so open handed that entrance is free and there are hired girls pouring free shots to your every empty hand.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds