file Save the TWDA

23 Nov 2013 20:32 #57009 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: Save the TWDA

If you are logged on to SL, you can change the color scheme to something more work-friendly.

That's good to know, but requires a login first. Unfortuantely both Vekn.net and secret library are off limits during my workday due to their color schemes — they draw too much attention (even during a lunch break).

I think using secret library as the datasource makes a lot of sense — particularly if an approval mechanism is put in place. Once the data's there, then writing it out in the same format as the TWDA isn't technically difficult. It's just a case of whomever's responsible for the secretlibrary finding the time to do so...

Maybe we could setup a beer fund? :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2013 20:54 #57013 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: Save the TWDA
I'm hoping Ankha is on this...

More
24 Nov 2013 04:41 #57028 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Save the TWDA
I see two parts to making the TWDA more flexible.

The first is the database. Secret Library looks like it has Deck as an object and Card as an object. Author, which can be renamed to Player or something, looks to be a field on Deck that would be blown out into an object; Creator could take its place as a field on Deck, for distinguishing who created a deck versus who played it in an event (something some like to do). Tournament would be made into an object, as well. I started writing out the metadata, but I need to find a better way to display schema. Then, beyond the metadata, there's the data - someone needs to confirm accuracy of Players, Tournaments, Decks (Cards already seems taken care of).

The second part is user interface (UI). I'm not sure people would be that into writing SQL style queries to display the data they want, but the options could be expanded, made more flexible, and/or made more user friendly. An expression option could make sense as an addition to prebuilt filters and sorts to enable any sort of query. For those that want all results displayed, can have all results displayed, though an optimal UI should obviate the need for displaying all results and doing CTRL+F style searches.

The first part can be tedious to a degree, though anyone good at database creation probably wouldn't find it that hard, given having the data to work with. The second part is more of an art.

Now, the question is: who is going to do the work to make this happen?
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz, Lech

More
25 Nov 2013 06:21 #57068 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Save the TWDA

I'm hoping Ankha is on this...

I am, but there's a small technical issue that must be solved first.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
25 Nov 2013 07:13 #57074 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Save the TWDA

For those that want all results displayed, can have all results displayed

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Nov 2013 15:23 #57106 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Save the TWDA

Now, the question is: who is going to do the work to make this happen?

Jussi (Hattara) has developed Secret Library and is hosting it as well. So basically he's the only one at the moment who can implement any changes to the Secret Library.

Btw, many thanks to Jussi for all the work he already put into this project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Squidalot

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds