file Getting back into the game

29 Jun 2011 22:41 #5612 by me3845
the last time our group played was right after bloodlines came out. I have bought 2 boxes of the bloodlines expansion. Was cleaning out and organizing the basement found all of my old cards. My question is if I were going to buy some boxed sets which ones should be at the top of my list. I have about 40,000 cards from the jyhad background to VTES. so not really interested in any reprint expansions.

thanks
Shawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2011 23:54 #5614 by brandonsantacruz
If you have cards through bloodlines, you could be fine where you are. There is no particular need to buy more cards, unless you want some different vampires or some of the new tech. Fortunately, VTES is MtG. There is minimal power creep and decks that were from the original set(s) can still win tournaments. Check this out:

www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/5512-wednesday-won-evening-tournament-twd

www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/5482-clan-impersonation-won-thursday-twd

Two decks based around Jyhad era vampires, one entirely Jyhad-backed.

What you should buy sort of depends on what you like to play. Any particular preferences? I might also check out the tournament winning dech archive to steal some ideas:

www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
30 Jun 2011 01:14 #5616 by me3845
Thanks for your response.
I'm not very interested in tournament style play, as I don't have the time to spend building and tweaking a tourney deck. I have gone that route place at a qualifying tourney and the one time I went to Gencon, but after a few of rule changes on cards . It started to remind me of MtG and I lost some interest.I would like to get new vamps and hopefully there is a a expansion that rounds out the bloodlines expansion.

I played VtM rpg so I like the thought of the blackhand & Kindreds most wanted expansion but just don't wanna waste money on expansions that aren't really worth it.

I like playing all types except for vote and weenie decks they bug the crap out of me. I like trying to find tricky combos out of cards that most people think are worthless. I also like theme decks even though most don't work well in tourney ( like a clan rivals deck thats just built to kill or mess with that clans rival )

More
30 Jun 2011 01:26 #5617 by TorranceCircle
here are a few suggestions.

1) legacies of blood, ebony kingdom, and heirs to the blood:

Legacies of blood has new stuff for the bloodlines and introduces the laibon sect of vampires from africa.

ebony kingdom is an expansion that adds new cards for the laibon clans.

Heirs to the blood is an expansion for the bloodlines adding new tricks and vamps for them.

2) Lords of night

this expansion adds to the independent clans Giovanni, Followers of Set, Ravnos, and the other one.

3) Black hand and sword of cain

One box of black hand and one box of sword of cain (the black hand expansion) and you'll have all the cards you need to build black hand decks.

More
30 Jun 2011 01:48 #5620 by Adonai
You can get an idea of the flavor of each set from this page:
www.vekn.net/index.php/card-lists

It has the original White Wolf advertising along with the card list. This will tell you the primary focus of the set and let you know what clans are supported.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds