file Getting together the cards to make non-Jyhad clan decks

02 Jan 2014 17:40 #58170 by alzabo
Hello. I recently picked up some starter decks for the Jyhad clans. I'd like to make some decks featuring some of the later clans (other than antitribu versions of the original seven clans). What are the best sets to try to collect and clans I should focus on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2014 21:42 #58174 by ICL
Lords of the Night

1. It's still available through Rose Tatu Productions and quite reasonably costed.

2. Original independent clans. Sounds like you want variety - each has a clan discipline and a bunch of clan cards.

3. Set has some good cards not specific to indie clans/disciplines.

4. Bloodlines and Laibon both have massively less support than the original indies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alzabo

More
03 Jan 2014 02:41 #58179 by Haze
agreed on Lords of the Night. the set focuses on only 4 clans, so both the starters and boosters cover everything well.

if you just want starter decks, the laibon decks in Legacies of Blood are pretty good too, but the boosters are spread very thin between them and a dozen bloodlines.

3rd Edition has good access to Tzimisce cards, plus a starter deck for them, but the good Lasombra cards seem to be missing. the rest of the set is about antitribu clans so most of the cards are not clan-specific.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alzabo

More
03 Jan 2014 08:41 #58184 by TapeTaChatte
Given the high number of different editions needed to get together correct decks using those clans, you probably would need to either buy starter decks (lords of night) or directly buy singles.

best regards

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile

More
03 Jan 2014 12:25 #58189 by Ylly
Lords of th Night starters are really the way to go. You can buy one box with 2 copies of each starter. With a piece of good advice from someone experienced, you will have 4 clan decks (you mix always 2 and leave only the best cards in) that are very good for casual playing and can also be a good basis to build something tournament-worthy.

More
03 Jan 2014 12:36 #58190 by kombainas
I myself went for Laibon starters not for the clans themselves, but for the cards there. Most of the stuff included in those starters would have cost much more if bought separately and is useful in many decks. Heck, Giant's Blood is in a starter, that is a must in ANY deck :D

However, Laibon are trickier to make decks with, therefore I would think twice before playing with them just for its sake. Plus, at least people in my playgroup sometimes describe them as "hard to relate to". I just imagine myself Somali pirate when playing Ishtarri, or use "Doge" language when playing Guruhi. Some claim that I can set doors on fire for nothing, when playing !Malks though...

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds