file Looking for quick summary of background story

30 Jan 2014 16:43 #58936 by alzabo

Why?

I assume this is directed at me. Because parts of this game make no sense without a certain level of background.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2014 18:29 #58938 by ReverendRevolver

Why?

I assume this is directed at me. Because parts of this game make no sense without a certain level of background.

Some parts make even less sense with background knowledge.

Each clan/bloodline is logically linked, except antitribbu clans. The Laibon ravnos, and the Shango(laibon assamites) are what they are, but anttribbu clans are sperate.

Also, dominate may be what makes the masquerade work, but in the game it can be stopped by some sunglasses, and only works on younger vamps or allys. Also, several powers like presence can be virtually useless on some older vampires, like Karsh in the fluff.
Oh, and agg is illogical if you look at fluff, protean sucks Sooooo much worse compared to the source,

And dont even get me started on thaum and necro.

But, having a handle on it is always good for adding relevance.

I have certain things against giovanni and tremere from source stuff.

But i still use them anyway. I also like gangrel more in fluff than in vtes(need support in vtes)

You get the idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alzabo

More
31 Jan 2014 19:11 #58959 by Ashur

Also, dominate may be what makes the masquerade work, but in the game it can be stopped by some sunglasses, and only works on younger vamps or allys.

Speaking of this, weird is also that certain Dominate-cards don´t work on mortals (Obedience, Seduction, etc)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
01 Feb 2014 06:38 #58972 by HG.fi
And the mortal, non-supernatural world is screwed as well.

A camera phone costs just as much as a Learjet!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
01 Feb 2014 09:30 #58974 by Lech

And the mortal, non-supernatural world is screwed as well.

A camera phone costs just as much as a Learjet!

It's not this, consider that average worker wages in your country are half the amount, prices bit higher - but on the other hand, management get way more money off their work and everything in even more corrupted than in reality. Add bit of gloom and doom, ghotic architecture lasted bit more than irl and you have the setting.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
01 Feb 2014 17:00 #58980 by ReverendRevolver
I can apparently employ a Human-hating were-Lion for about as much as an assault rifle is.

Also, sorry little Timmy, cant play little league. Why? Because apparently a baseball bat costs as much as a Deagle or 38 special (i know Americans are more gun crazy that much of the world, but heres some info: a 38 revolver by Rossi averages $300, a desert eagle, normal big one, not baby eagle, runs around $1000. Also, desert eagles are kinda prone to jammimg. Point im gettimg at is apparently ancient vampires get special prices from an Enochhian Sears and Roebuck catalog, since its quite a gap/ represemts how much effort a methuselah expends getting a youmger vamp something. Oh, and laptops and camera pnomes were WAY less common when each was printed. With smartphones, should all weenies and mortals get +1 bleed? ;) )

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds