file Mounting/Framing

02 Feb 2014 11:54 - 02 Feb 2014 11:55 #58992 by protean
Mounting/Framing was created by protean
Hi all,

I'm actually going to seriously reduce my collection of cards bat before I do so I was wondering if anyone had experience in framing or mounting cards for display in a non-destructive way. I'd like to keep some for posterity and I have a few signed ones kicking about. I thought about framing sets or decks too.

Cheers

John

Edit: I actually managed to get this is the wrong forum, sorry, please move or delete as necessary. It was supposed to be in Generic Discussion!
Last edit: 02 Feb 2014 11:55 by protean.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2014 14:35 #58994 by ReverendRevolver
Depends on *how* you want them displayed.

Spaced, in a way that grants roughly 1cm gap between cards, pretty easy. But.

You will need some scrapbooking tools, or really steady hands and an exacto knife. You can make it out of virtually any picture frame, and create a boder/ grid for the size of the cards out of any substance you can cut to work, id gowith anything acid free and semi rigid. Elmers makes 1/4" foam posterboard, and craft stores carry thin wood panels, or most harware chains carry 1/4" panels of various wood/ brick facade stuff.

OR

If you want alot less gap, buy some super cheap penny sleeves(baseball card clear sleeves) and some hard plastic toploaders(ive just desxribed what 90% of cardsellers ship small singels orders on ebay with)

You put the sleeve on upside down, put the card in the toploader the right way, and then run them in rows with sides flush together, overlapping the gap at the top of the top row under the edge of the frame(if present) or if youd like, use good scissors or tinsnips to cut the gap mostly off(if no edge border) then each row down, overlap the gap behind the bottom of the toploader for the card in the row above it.

You COULD make yoir own frames with a compact mider saw, some hardware store crown moldimg and some thin panel/particle board/whatever, along with some glass/acrylic/plexi/lexicon as you prefer.

Or, they make square frames for disaying records that, due to how the clios hold the backing on, work dexwnt for this kimd of thing.

It beats trimmimg and framing cars pages, and always go acid free. To layer toploaders, high quality double sided tape, or non volatile adhesives (not testors model glue, no super glue, no gorilla glue, rubber cement in SMALL. dabs might be ok, not usre though).

Hope i helped.

Uncut print sheets are easier. You make a frame, put some felt and foam between it and the frame, and you are good.

More
03 Feb 2014 22:03 #59010 by protean
Replied by protean on topic Re: Mounting/Framing
Hey thanks!

I fully intend to obtain cut mounting boards and frames so all I hopefully need to do is mount the cards. Acid free paper and card 'shelves' with a foam back to keep them in place with compression seems the way to go.

Now to decide what to keep!

J

More
03 Feb 2014 23:49 #59011 by ReverendRevolver

Hey thanks!

I fully intend to obtain cut mounting boards and frames so all I hopefully need to do is mount the cards. Acid free paper and card 'shelves' with a foam back to keep them in place with compression seems the way to go.

Now to decide what to keep!

J

Govern, deflection, freak drive, 44 magnum, taste of vitae.

Everything else matters less ;)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds