file conversation topics

27 Feb 2014 04:08 #59407 by brandonsantacruz
There has been some discussion about the lack of discussion on this forum lately. What do people want to talk about?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2014 05:45 #59408 by D-dennis
Replied by D-dennis on topic Re: conversation topics
Good question!

Does anyone else experience that people play different ind different parts of the world? I don't mean different play styles around the world, but people from country or region X that play or behave different when they are in country Y.

More
27 Feb 2014 07:50 #59411 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: conversation topics
Generally, I like to discuss decks and especially tournament decks that are somewhat off kilter or unusual or unexpected in any way. I'm kinda sick seeing yet another Stickmen or DEM bleed win some tournament...

For example, the last TWD (this one), the one with Saulot as main blocker - is very intriguing to me, but even more interesting is the other posted deck, which ended in the finals with most VPs, but for the life of me I cannot fathom how this deck earns VPs, as it looks like an incoherent mess to me. I really wanted to ask, since the author seems to frequent this forum, but I'm not sure if that kind of discussion is quite acceptable on twd subforum...

More
27 Feb 2014 08:01 - 27 Feb 2014 09:49 #59412 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: conversation topics
As was written elsewhere, vtes is one of the oldest ccg and majority of players are playing this game for a long time which results in most of the topics already covered and discussed more than few times. Personally I don't want to talk about f.e. "is Pentex broken or not" any more. What is interesting for me are new topics which right now means: interesting decks and new cards. As there are no new cards lately and Danse Macabre was already discussed a lot it goes down to new and interesting decks discussions.
To take advantage of the discussion I will post few decks I'm trying lately.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2014 09:49 by alek.

More
27 Feb 2014 21:13 #59433 by ReverendRevolver

Generally, I like to discuss decks and especially tournament decks that are somewhat off kilter or unusual or unexpected in any way. I'm kinda sick seeing yet another Stickmen or DEM bleed win some tournament...

For example, the last TWD (this one), the one with Saulot as main blocker - is very intriguing to me, but even more interesting is the other posted deck, which ended in the finals with most VPs, but for the life of me I cannot fathom how this deck earns VPs, as it looks like an incoherent mess to me. I really wanted to ask, since the author seems to frequent this forum, but I'm not sure if that kind of discussion is quite acceptable on twd subforum...

Just for you, ill try to polish my "Jibarri summons who he can" where the Ishtari with cheap ally text gets as many vanilla allies as possible, just so i can play thimgs like the sun pharoah and hellhoumd.....

But i agree about seeing cool decks. Ive had good, and only-done-by-me-that-i-know-of decks be the almost winner of some tournaments, but everyone and thier brother can win with malk94,powerbleedgiovanni,imbued,or freaking girls dexks. Stickmen im less sick of, as they have more creativity to them than say, weenie animalsim that was everywhere forxlike 4 months a year and a,half ago.

But i dig new decks. Like, i build really off the wall stuff, and have limited sucess in tournaments every if i crush in casual(even casually testing championship decks...) and i enjoy non-linear twd entries showing up.

As to players behaving differently out ofxhabitat, i havent noticed it in the stares. We Ohio players all know what to expect when the NAC andWoN happens; pansys with not enough sce will bleex the shit out of Nerk players or be pummeled, someone will really believe columbus players arent a threat and let them set up to sweep, and Bell will probably play against his own decks if someone netdecked......

Other states, MattMorgan isnt much different in ohio than louisiana or dc, although Matt Hirsch has better luck in Louisiana, it would seem. Most players are the same, just anticipating different metas. I dont changes playstyle, or demeanor, i definately dont rebuild decks for other metas. Or didnt, havent traveled in awhile.

But, maybe its different elsewhere? Do scandanavian combat epicenters rejoice at the idea of using redcards when sitting by players from Ohio or Texas?

Does Hugh sigh when he sees !ventrue stickmen every 3 games?

Interesting questions.......

More
28 Feb 2014 01:00 #59440 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: conversation topics

It's Ventrue bleed/vote with Tupdogs instead of Majesties. Lead with KRC/superior Govern, throw a Tupdog at a blocker and follow with a DOM-bleed. If no one is blocking, the Tupdog can call a vote or go punch someone in the nuts.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds