file conversation topics

01 Mar 2014 23:04 #59534 by ReverendRevolver
Decks that take no effort to play are often cheestastic things that draw table hate. Moving cards and library manipulation is common, so its not like the players sit and drool on themselves, but the rest of the table might.

Table poison imbued with sloe conviction gathering and loads of vamp hurting events is an example.

Girls are another. Until a year (ish) ago, i saw girls as a vaguely hard to remember combo. Hard to remember like tapping dreams for more pool while you collect for the edge is hard to remember, not ACTUALLY hard, per se.

Now, at week of nightmares last year or the year before, a player was so piss drunk he could barely tell you where he lived, but was sucessfully running a girls deck. Its really at least as easy as stealthbleed, if not moreso, and even Una solitaire is less easy to win with.

So, giovanni powerbleed, and malk 94 i consider these as well, even if i leave malk94 built just because, and to answer your question, they do win. They get dealt with by finals often, but i have decks that can deal with heavy bleed predators, hope for heavy bleed predators, and die to heavy bleed predators. They have thier place, get you vps, and arent terribly exciting without heavy modification.

But.

I believe plain kindred spirits stealthbleed is easier than these. Its harder to get ousted. At least the lack of poolgain, and the more likely occurance of AI makes heavy bleed riskier, just because youay get ousted and or wrecked before a vp. Ks gets a pool buffer going.

Weenie anything also moves cards, but only weenie dbr is as lackluster as what ive mentioned.

Its little to do with the table because(especially girls decks) these decks do what they do pretty much in a vaccuum. Bleed, bloat, swarm.... whatever, but one thing, little regard for the reat of the game(except imbued, who create the limitations for the game)

Basically, super powerful without the table as a whole mattering much is what im getting at.

Other stuff, like vignes, have more thought, even if they are still all guns to your left. I guess thats where i stand on easyboring decks. If they dont interact, you see them alot, andcan win.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2014 23:42 #59535 by librarian
Replied by librarian on topic Re: conversation topics
I don't think any deck is easy when you are sitting with Robert Goudie, Darby Keeney, Robert Scythe. Your nuts are going to get punched, no matter what. And if you're lucky, you'll avoid getting steel between the scapulae.

But I'd play on that table every day of the week.

More
02 Mar 2014 02:10 - 02 Mar 2014 02:11 #59536 by TorranceCircle

I don't think any deck is easy when you are sitting with Robert Goudie, Darby Keeney, Robert Scythe. Your nuts are going to get punched, no matter what. And if you're lucky, you'll avoid getting steel between the scapulae.

But I'd play on that table every day of the week.

Me too! And throw in Chris Shorb and I would just enjoy all the trash talk!
Last edit: 02 Mar 2014 02:11 by TorranceCircle.

More
02 Mar 2014 04:25 #59537 by ReverendRevolver
Darby is one of the crazier players ive sat near, but i think i only fear connor bell. He is the only player ive never (to memory) been able to keep from ousting me.

But Ive seen Darby sit at tables and watch thimgs play out, just to see what something hes never seen does. But hes always calculating about it.

Now, there are some hard to read players, and some that it took me awhile to be able to read well. Matt Morgan is sometimes easy to decipher intent from. But not often. I still cant ever tell if James Messer is bluffing or his deck isnt coming up right. Hugh always seems to be up to something, especially when he isnt.

More
02 Mar 2014 14:32 - 02 Mar 2014 14:32 #59551 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: conversation topics

Does that really matter?
Haven't played with he pother guys (to my knowledge) but did play with Scythe in Stockholm and had a blast -awesome and fun guy!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 02 Mar 2014 14:32 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
02 Mar 2014 17:49 #59559 by brandonsantacruz

Does that really matter?
Haven't played with he pother guys (to my knowledge) but did play with Scythe in Stockholm and had a blast -awesome and fun guy!

"Nut punch" is an idiom that may not translate well, even though it is easy enough to identify that it would be painful. Those players aren't mean, but their decks are. Tap out and be bled for 12. Count on it.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds