file Danse Macabre survey

29 Mar 2014 08:44 #60412 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Danse Macabre survey
Taking into account the resources we had, the limited number o people working on it and the fact that we didn't have access to famous painters (except for Ginés himself, obviously) I think Dance Macabre is one of the best expansions ever, artwise.

But that's just it. It's art and that is very subjective.

Although one might say objectively that the Deflection on Heirs to the Blood is the worse art ever due to clearly being an half-assed screenshot from Matrix.

I can see Art of Memory-like art for Malk and Dementation related things.
Old portrait style art for older vamps.
Different styles of paintings for equipment and locations, depending on age of said equipment, type, etc..
Maybe there's space for Van Gogh like art.
Or even a Picasso-like.

I see allot of possibilities depending on the type or background of the cards.
Back to the point: Dance Macabre was mostly about relatively new Kindred, discipline and Vampire powers.
On that extent I think they did an epic job. Congrats on everyone involved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2014 10:00 #60415 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: Danse Macabre survey
There seems to be a flaw in the calculations of the percentages in "Part II, card details": The sum is never (?) 100% ... :huh:

Anyhow, great survey, thanks!

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
31 Mar 2014 06:19 #60459 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Danse Macabre survey

All 4 tables worth of US vtes players who took the survey are apparently the voice of everyone else

The exact same applies to every other country as well.

The main point always is:
If you don't vote (in the poll), your opinion ain't worth jack.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timo

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
31 Mar 2014 16:20 - 31 Mar 2014 16:43 #60465 by TorranceCircle

All 4 tables worth of US vtes players who took the survey are apparently the voice of everyone else

The exact same applies to every other country as well.

The main point always is:
If you don't vote (in the poll), your opinion ain't worth jack.

The Reverand is communicating that point exactly. He is chastizing the US players for not participating more. He is not implying that the US players should count more or have more time or anything like that. He is saying 25 players will have to count for the input from the US EEUU. He even mentions that in Ohio (where there are many players) they will have to be happy to be represented by his input. Why? Because they didn't vote!

Maybe next time our National Coordinators around the globe can push players or princes to get more people out to vote. The input is valuable before, during, and after a set.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2014 16:43 by TorranceCircle.

More
31 Mar 2014 18:34 #60468 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Danse Macabre survey
Well, actually, there are a lot more Princes than NCs, so we could have gotten the word out better. But, then, the value of my feedback is diluted!

It seems like more players are getting around to using the cards. How about another survey a couple of weeks before Origins and more of a push to get more opinions?

More
31 Mar 2014 21:56 #60469 by ReverendRevolver

Well, actually, there are a lot more Princes than NCs, so we could have gotten the word out better. But, then, the value of my feedback is diluted!

It seems like more players are getting around to using the cards. How about another survey a couple of weeks before Origins and more of a push to get more opinions?

Why not AT origins?

You see a broader representation at a CC than on the forum, most days.

Obviously, we want to play and look at shit and chat while there, but ive been at tables where im bored as hell due to imbued untap phase, etc. And if we give oit a physical paper survey, folks have the whole span to complete it.

Optimally, we could start passing them out during WoN. But since im a realist, Origins is logical too.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds