file The Full Bleed project - back on my BS and nonsense [03.20]

06 Jul 2015 12:59 #71963 by Ankha

self biased wrote:

Ankha wrote:

self biased wrote:

Ankha wrote:

self biased wrote: im honestly not sure. I lost interest in getting my copy of the VCM properly updated when it proved a little more complicated than my computer skills allowed. I should probably just send Vincent the background files I used so he can do a "final" test print.

Sure, I can try to make it work (though getting the right format of resources is a hassle).


all i'm doing is saving the whole thing as "_filename.jpg" and changing the clan in the CSV to generate the cards to "filename" to get these to generate.

I suspected something like that. To make it work generically, it would require either a transparent PDF with the left marble stripe, or an image if transparency is not supported. Either way, they must be CMYK.
Do you have a sample of left stripe before it's blend with the art?


i can probably make this happen when I get home from work in the afternoon. What's your preferred format?

any format as long as it's transparent and cmyk. Let's say pdf, or tiff

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2015 16:55 #71966 by brettscho
Wow, these are gorgeous! I would strongly support the VEKN if it wanted to update the look of cards for future pdf sets. These (especially the vampire cards) are so much better than the portrait frame currently used. Lets see the art and not the frame!

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2015 17:15 #71967 by self biased

Ankha wrote: any format as long as it's transparent and cmyk. Let's say pdf, or tiff


cmyk, *.tiff. gotcha. I'm going to take a run at getting all of the fades consistent for you, too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2015 22:36 #71969 by self biased
so, uh, yeah. not happening tonight. i've filled myself with tuna steaks, veggies, and an urge to watch breaking bad on netflix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2015 09:03 #71996 by DeathInABottle
One small point: because the Giovanni clan symbol is a hard-edged square, and because it's so large, it looks like it ends the marble strip on the left side. You can't really notice the fade. Maybe reduce the size of the symbol or fade the strip further up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2015 12:28 #71998 by self biased

DeathInABottle wrote: One small point: because the Giovanni clan symbol is a hard-edged square, and because it's so large, it looks like it ends the marble strip on the left side. You can't really notice the fade. Maybe reduce the size of the symbol or fade the strip further up.


i used the Giovanni icon as a reference for the topmost point of any other icon. I see your point, though. When I go back and make all the fades consistent I'm planning on getting the outlines of the clan icons consistent as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum