file The Full Bleed project - back on my bullshit [03.20]

05 Jul 2015 21:38 #71955 by self biased

im honestly not sure. I lost interest in getting my copy of the VCM properly updated when it proved a little more complicated than my computer skills allowed. I should probably just send Vincent the background files I used so he can do a "final" test print.

Sure, I can try to make it work (though getting the right format of resources is a hassle).

all i'm doing is saving the whole thing as "_filename.jpg" and changing the clan in the CSV to generate the cards to "filename" to get these to generate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2015 01:45 #71956 by self biased

These look great!

I wasn't all that convinced by previous iterations, but you've absolutely nailed it here. The design is well balanced, very clear and visually stunning. Nice Job.

i'll admit that things got weird for a few pages, but these aren't far off from the 'final' version of anything else that i'd posted. i'm glad you like them, though

More
06 Jul 2015 03:44 #71957 by Ankha

im honestly not sure. I lost interest in getting my copy of the VCM properly updated when it proved a little more complicated than my computer skills allowed. I should probably just send Vincent the background files I used so he can do a "final" test print.

Sure, I can try to make it work (though getting the right format of resources is a hassle).

all i'm doing is saving the whole thing as "_filename.jpg" and changing the clan in the CSV to generate the cards to "filename" to get these to generate.

I suspected something like that. To make it work generically, it would require either a transparent PDF with the left marble stripe, or an image if transparency is not supported. Either way, they must be CMYK.
Do you have a sample of left stripe before it's blend with the art?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
06 Jul 2015 06:46 #71958 by Lönkka
Assamites especially look GREAT!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
06 Jul 2015 07:51 - 06 Jul 2015 08:00 #71960 by meep.o.matic
Assamite and Giovanni looks bad ass!

I'm not sure wether the set icon should be on top, it feels cluncky with longer card names.

The Followers of Set strip is plain and helps the card maintain a clean feeling. I kinda like it like this honnestly.

Overall, I hope these are being taken into account when designing new sets. I feel that this layout helps the player feel closer to the characters/abilities rather than just the game's mechanics by giving the art a more proeminent role on the card. Also has the potential to make the game feel a little less stale.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2015 08:00 by meep.o.matic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
06 Jul 2015 09:50 - 06 Jul 2015 10:14 #71961 by self biased

I suspected something like that. To make it work generically, it would require either a transparent PDF with the left marble stripe, or an image if transparency is not supported. Either way, they must be CMYK.
Do you have a sample of left stripe before it's blend with the art?

i can probably make this happen when I get home from work in the afternoon. What's your preferred format?
Last edit: 06 Jul 2015 10:14 by self biased.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds