file Advice on creating ravnos and tzimisce decks

22 Jul 2011 10:09 #6625 by Glow
Hey! I'm currently building two decks, and I hope this thread may give me some ideas and advice on the decks. Unforunatly I have no draft deck list as this in the first stage of building the deck. Otherwise I would have posted this in the deck clinic.

Anyhow, the decks that I look to build is a Ravnos breed deck and a Tzimisce wall deck.

What is the must know about these deck archetypes and these particular clans in this regard?

I have basic knowledge of the game but have never made a wall deck that works very well.

Any common pittfalls? Card that is always included?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2011 10:16 #6626 by Pendargon
Hi!
I suggest checking this site out : www.thelasombra.com/

There is a large database of Tournament winning decks (also known as TWDA). You might first look for inspiration amongst those Tzimitze and ravnos decks, make at lest provisonal decklist, and then come back and ask for a more specific advice!
Plus, you never know how browsing Lasombra might inspire you. I sometimes go searching for one concept, and find a completely different idea that i have not thought of.
All best!

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
22 Jul 2011 10:22 #6629 by Glow
I know of the site, it's a great resource but I would hate to ending up finding a deck that I like with nothing I want to change so I would end up copying a already made deck.

Is the main source of forward momentum still anarch revolt and smiling jack for a wall deck? Atleast they used to be way back when I was most active. Altough I suspect that the change of wording on anarch revolt might have put it out of fashion, no?

More
22 Jul 2011 11:09 #6633 by bakija

Anyhow, the decks that I look to build is a Ravnos breed deck and a Tzimisce wall deck.

-Ravnos breed decks: you want a lot of capacity 5-6 vampires in your crypt. G4/5 is probably best, as it gives you Paul Forrest to use for increased offense. You could use capacity 4 vampires if you want a lot of Chimeristry cards (to put on the Tumnimos) so you can beef them up to 5 capacity. Life in the City and Svadarma are good for getting blood back on your guys. Week of Nightmares is obviously the engine to victory. Defense is hard, but a bunch of Tributes can help early on (i.e. before you play the Week). In terms of minion cards, you want Fata Morgana for stealth and bleed, Mirror Image for stealth and S:CE, and Occlusion for stealth and dodge. A bunch of Path of Chimeristry is good too. Don't get caught up trying to do too much; don't get distracted by also trying to have good combat or blocking capabilities or whatever. It takes a lot of cards to set up a bunch of weenie Ravnos bleeding for 2 or 3 each, and having enough blood gain to make it all work, so make that your focus.

-Tzimisce wall deck: Wall decks are hard to win with. As you don't go forward much, your prey can run away with the game, and in a lot of situations, you just end up with 2VPs. Which isn't enough. But if that is your plan, Animalism and Auspex make do their own math to make a wall deck, and with Vicisitude, you can make folks pay for being blocked, either long range and Breath of the Dargon or close range and Horrid Form (pick one or the other; don't try to do both). Probably the best option for killing folks is Smiling Jack, but the problem with that is once Jack gets up to 2 or 3 counters, everyone at the table will come for you, and you can't stop everyone. In a strategic sense, really, the best plan is to cripple your predator so that they get ousted, wait till your unhindered prey gets his prey, the game becomes a 3 player, and then drop Smiling Jack and try and win from there. But that's hard.

More
22 Jul 2011 12:02 #6640 by Adonai
The advice you want is most likely to be found in the clan newsletters.

www.thelasombra.com/newsletter.htm

Advice on wall decks is here:

www.thelasombra.com/walldecks.htm

More
22 Jul 2011 12:48 #6644 by Glow
When you compare the G4/5 ravnos to the old ones, especially Gabrin, how to the handle the high cost of sensory dep and the constant blood cost of blood when playing fata morgana, mirror image and so on? I reckon that the path will help some and even ravnos carnival but that only takes you so far.

When you say I must focus in the breed deck, and it has quite alot of setup to do I get the feeling that camera phones would be abundant as my actions wouldn't be enough to equip them. Is this so?

Breath of the dragon would be the more card effective choice of combat in the wall deck compared to horrid form, right?

Thanks Adonai! I'll read them a little later today.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds