file Advice on creating ravnos and tzimisce decks

22 Jul 2011 16:02 #6663 by Klaital
There is no need to choose only 2 of the 3 as Tzimisce have really solid crypt with Devin Bisley, Caliban, Corine Marcon, and Meshenka. Which are all you need as you probably couldn't afford to bring out more vampires anyway, though if you want can always add couple other vampires like Lolita Houston, Terrence, or Elizabeth Westcott to the mix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2011 19:21 - 22 Jul 2011 19:22 #6668 by Kushiel

Ah, yeah, that works too. But I tend to focus on 2 disciplines in a deck like this, and given the choice between ANI/AUS and VIC/AUS, I'll generally go with the VIC/AUS (as then I can maximize my Changeling use and whatever), which means that ANI falls into the background.

Unless you're using the later groups for some reason, most of the vampires you'll end up using have all three disciplines at superior (and titles or +bleed) anyway. The one time I tried the later groups in a tournament, focusing on the smaller guys with AUS/VIC, I faced Nephandus and imbued decks. Worked a lot less well than the older Tzim royalty decks I used to play.
Last edit: 22 Jul 2011 19:22 by Kushiel.

More
22 Jul 2011 19:45 #6670 by brandonsantacruz

Ah, yeah, that works too. But I tend to focus on 2 disciplines in a deck like this, and given the choice between ANI/AUS and VIC/AUS, I'll generally go with the VIC/AUS (as then I can maximize my Changeling use and whatever), which means that ANI falls into the background.

Unless you're using the later groups for some reason, most of the vampires you'll end up using have all three disciplines at superior (and titles or +bleed) anyway. The one time I tried the later groups in a tournament, focusing on the smaller guys with AUS/VIC, I faced Nephandus and imbued decks. Worked a lot less well than the older Tzim royalty decks I used to play.

Carrion Crows is just too good to pass up. It is free, gets around dodge/certain damage prevention, and enables various combat tactics (i.e. stay close, make hands agg, burn or go long, breath of the dragon, or go long and wave/dodge).

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
23 Jul 2011 00:42 #6689 by bakija

Ah, see, all the Tzimisce decks I tend to make are weird and higher group numbers--I had a good one that was 2/3 VIC/dom; a good one that was group, like, 3/4 or 4/5 VIC/AUS (with very little ani in the mix due to being the mid caps); currently a good one that is VIC/AUS/obf. So apparently I never use the G2 Tzimisce and never use the ones that have all three at superior. But, well, that's me.

More
23 Jul 2011 02:26 #6697 by Kushiel

Ah, see, all the Tzimisce decks I tend to make are weird and higher group numbers--I had a good one that was 2/3 VIC/dom; a good one that was group, like, 3/4 or 4/5 VIC/AUS (with very little ani in the mix due to being the mid caps); currently a good one that is VIC/AUS/obf. So apparently I never use the G2 Tzimisce and never use the ones that have all three at superior. But, well, that's me.

We already know you're highly irregular; no need to belabor the point. ;)

But more on topic: OP, you would get much more useful advice if you detail which crypt you're looking to use. The deck will be quite a bit different depending on its crypt grouping.

More
23 Jul 2011 06:12 #6700 by LunaSlave
Never be afraid to try something a little strange or off the beaten path as well. My Ravnos Week of Nightmares/Tumnimos deck has Protean discipline cards, not just Chimerstry - along with Group 2 Ravnos with Protean. It's sort of like the standard Week of Nightmares deck, but with an agg-poke twist and some other cool Protean tricks. I threw it together for a laugh but thus far it has worked surprisingly well.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds