file Is VEKN incorporated?

10 Nov 2014 20:11 #67343 by White Sabbat
I think it would be a good idea to incorporate if not already. Maybe CCP could give VEKN legal resources for making bylaws and getting the organization setup as a 501c3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2014 22:56 #67359 by White Sabbat
Why does this matter? Donations can be tax deductable, VEKN staff can draw a salary, more events can be organized, and more interest in VTES overall can be achieved with even a modest budget. This could even inspire more printing of decks and expansions as business picks up.

More
12 Nov 2014 19:03 #67372 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Is VEKN incorporated?

Why does this matter? Donations can be tax deductable, VEKN staff can draw a salary, more events can be organized, and more interest in VTES overall can be achieved with even a modest budget. This could even inspire more printing of decks and expansions as business picks up.

Donations? Staff?! Budget?!!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
13 Nov 2014 08:18 #67379 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Is VEKN incorporated?
We are a plyer organization.
There is no money involved with us.

We try to get a copmany to pick up the game yet again and THEY will take care of all the moneytary things.

We are doing everything merely for the love of the game.
I'd probably resign from my position of NC and tournament organizer if money entered picture (it is bad enough having to charge admission to cover tournament support as it is).

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
13 Nov 2014 16:01 #67393 by White Sabbat

We are a plyer organization.
There is no money involved with us.

We try to get a copmany to pick up the game yet again and THEY will take care of all the moneytary things.

We are doing everything merely for the love of the game.
I'd probably resign from my position of NC and tournament organizer if money entered picture (it is bad enough having to charge admission to cover tournament support as it is).

I don't think that's realistic. Games cost money to produce. VTES was made to make people money. Chess and poker have member orientated dues to advance the popularity of the game. You invented rankings for the love of the game just like chess _organizations_ did. Organizations are made to advance their mandate and hire professionals to fulfill their mission. Even the Ventrue do this in works of fiction.

More
13 Nov 2014 20:33 #67399 by Juggernaut1981
White Sabbat,

There are two companies that potentially hold the intellectual property needed to incorporate and start selling things. That means making a 3-way deal which includes Hasbro. That's been tried and hit roadblocks. Incorporating basically makes it clear you intend to make money from it... once you do that then those companies REALLY haggle over brass tacks.

Incorporating is a far less useful option than someone turning around and basically seed funding a VEKN body with enough cash to buy the needed IP from CCP and Hasbro. If that was done, then there's a point to Incorporating the VEKN. So do you have the, rough ball-park-stab number, of around $10m US to consider negotiating with Hasbro and CCP to buy the necessary IP?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds