heart The right way to (re)launch VtES

04 Mar 2016 11:03 #75725 by elotar
Everybody doing it, so why should I not to?

First: we need set of starters, which can be sold in a stores, used as a demo material, played as a standalone game, got tournament-legal decks with handful of staples, as well as several reprints of valuable cards to interest old-timers and include cards from the pdf expantions so we can disallow proxies without regrets.

2) Not to duplicate all this legal gibberish, but it's better for cards to have changes of frames, backs and rulebook must be rewritten. It's all better for other than legal reasons also.

3) Removing crap from the rules:
- no events
- no imbued
- contested cards are not removed from the game
- corner-case effects (vulnerability, slave, infernal, burn option ets must be moved from rulebook to the card text, or also dropped)
- we need to do something to limit table talk. It's a long crusade, obviously, but one step may be in fixing political actions by providing fixed order of voting and, maybe, some more detailed dealing rules.
- in general we need clear timing rules

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2016 11:40 #75732 by Brum
This brings nothing new to what was already said here.
For instance you could reply to my post about about the subject, as it covers most of your points and was done days ago.

I agree with all your points. I would also remove Priscus in the first launch.
Table talk is part of the nice things about the game and limit it is awkward.
You know the people that try to table talk in every card that is played or action taken by everyone.
In friendlies tech them a lesson. In tournaments call the Judge.

More
04 Mar 2016 11:54 #75736 by elotar

For instance you could reply to my post about about the subject, as it covers most of your points and was done days ago.

I've tryed to, but navigation on this site is too painful.

Also, Aknka is trying to spam all first page with his topics about disciplines, we have to fight it :)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
04 Mar 2016 22:30 #75770 by Ylly
Trying to restrict table talk seems awkward to me in such a game. Trash talk, that is a different story, but if Methuselahs discuss the game, let them. I can remember a very interesting debate (for ca. 10 mins) concerning Poison Pill. I was but an observer and still, the discussion and then, eventually, the resolution of the whole action was thrilling to watch :-)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds