lightbulb Crypt card re-redesign.

09 Aug 2017 12:58 #83014 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Crypt card re-redesign.

Very good! :) The colours work much better than the current Amaranth design.

Er, these are Amaranths current design :) they are all live now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2017 01:29 #83028 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Crypt card re-redesign.
I really like these. Moving the vampire name to just above the text box was smart, and makes it easy to differentiate Crypt cards from Library cards.

In order to have consistency between cards I'd have the name box start as green marble and fade into the clan texture with a moderately sharp transition. There currently seems to be some opacity weirdness that's happening... it's noticeable on the Tremere texture on the top right of the text box/name box where the circle can be seen on the green marble is that by design? Also, why does the clan texture seem to all but disappear when it gets to the text box?

I understand why you're darkening the clan texture in the name box (so the card name is readable), but it seems to work better for some textures than others. Also, I'm not a fan of the bevel on the name, but that ultimately boils down to personal preference. The only other criticism I can think of is the text in the text box can sometimes be a little wonky in terms of spacing.

The reason why I feel the crypt layout is that it's much easier to see the clan textures.

Excellent job, Ke.

More
14 Aug 2017 00:37 - 14 Aug 2017 02:00 #83099 by Ke.

There currently seems to be some opacity weirdness that's happening... it's noticeable on the Tremere texture on the top right of the text box/name box where the circle can be seen on the green marble is that by design? Also, why does the clan texture seem to all but disappear when it gets to the text box?

Yes, some of this was due to time constraints. Ideally they all should have a similar feel to the Tremere one — with the theme applying across a large portion of the card. The darkening bar is also a remanent of the previous design.

The transparency was just a simple approach to apply the same "frame" to all clans. In the long run it would be ideal if each clan had their own stylised frame. So while the dimensions etc would be consistent across clans — each clan card would evoke their own theme heavily. This would require an artist to create the artwork / illustrate a frame for each clan and as you can imagine that's a substantial amount of work.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2017 02:00 by Ke..

More
14 Aug 2017 12:16 #83102 by self biased
do you mind if I take a peek at the files? We still have that dropbox active.

More
14 Aug 2017 22:15 - 14 Aug 2017 22:15 #83107 by Ke.
I had to move them (well now it) out of dropbox as the file size became unwieldily — the clan PSD is now 1.3GB.

This was unintentional as the various files should have been linked externally as opposed to imported into a single document. Once I have a chance to clean this up I can add them to dropbox again.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2017 22:15 by Ke..
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
15 Aug 2017 02:28 #83109 by self biased
no huge rush, friend.

just send me an email; I'm not on Skype that much anymore since Discord became a thing.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds