file Why don't more effects make vamps "uncontrolled"?

21 Oct 2019 17:32 #97480 by Boris The Blade
You mean I can play 4 Inner Circle with 1 blood each on turn 1? Why would anyone ever play anything else?

Pros: it would make Govern less powerful.

Cons: everything else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 22:13 #97483 by LivesByProxy
You risk getting vamps burnt/diablerized easier that way. Also contesting, if everyone was just going to play Inner Circles like that.

But VTES has this weird rule where burnt vamps don't stay dead. You just influence another one out. I've seen Alexandra get Archon'ed twice in one game.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
21 Oct 2019 23:20 #97486 by jamesatzephyr

You risk getting vamps burnt/diablerized easier that way.

It'd be somewhat easier than now - a freshly influenced fattie with 10 blood on them can play a bunch more cards than a fattie with 1 or 2 blood on them.

But the thing you want to compare with is against other vampires in that changed environment. You can bring out a 2 cap with one inferior discipline for 1 pool. Or you can bring out a huge vampire with a whole bunch of disciplines for 1 pool. Why would you ever do the former? There would be - roughly speaking - no downsides to bringing out a huge vampire with extra bleed, a title, many disciplines etc. So you've basically just written off almost every small or midbie vampire that doesn't have a cool special, because I get all the speed advantages of playing weenies, but with a truckload more power.

More
22 Oct 2019 00:26 #97487 by narpassword
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
22 Oct 2019 14:30 #97498 by LivesByProxy
I consider Golconda in the same vein as the aforementioned Taste, Voter Cap, Giant's Blood, etc. Open-ended blood/pool gain naturally crowds out other sources of blood/pool gain. Hence why Villein and OG 5th Tradition was nerfed...

But @james, I would suppose that if we could drop fatties into play with 1 blood on them, thus having all the speed of weenies with none of the drawback... that drawbacks could be introduced.

As in, knocking vamps back into uncontrolled region becomes a more common effect, as does effects that take control of other people's vamps, as does effects that require you to transfer pool to minions (is a vote that mandates your prey using all 4 transfers to put pool on uncontrolled vamps on par with KRC? I think so. Force them to oust themselves!)

Like, oh, you influence out Stanislava with 1 blood? My weenie Obf guy plays "Where Loyalties Lie" to "take control of a vampire with cap 8+ who has 2 or less blood on them," thanks!

And then you play Diamond Thunderbolt and the table is shocked that anyone would actually play that card.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds