file The next expansion

06 May 2020 14:39 #99770 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic The next expansion
The 5th edition is a Camarilla set, so that's that.

If they let you go anarch, not hunting it down immediately after he/she becomes one and you are not a Sabbat/independent voter, or something that needs your sect availability to work, like sabbat, or laibon. If you account for all this, it narrows down what can really deal with it pretty severely. You need to be able to defend that one anarch you have, and let's face it, anarchs can fight really really well, so that's no easy task either.

I'm just against FURTHER anarch expansions, not against anarchs generally. They suffered for decades, so it's fair they became something powerful lately, no issues with that. What I feel like though is that they are an "invasive species", which narrows down the options generally which can be played. Give everyone else some love, they already got a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2020 16:07 #99774 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic The next expansion
Right now, the source material as far as I know is mainly exploring Camarilla and Anarch concepts. For the next "expansion", I guess things will depend on what you declare an expansion. It is confirmed that the next thing they'll do is an anarch themed Starter Deck set. So that's definitely happening. After that I'd bet my money on a camarilla set with more vampires and more new library cards. Maybe an independent set, but I don't know what the rpg material for that is. Laibon and Bloodlines are probably far off.

With the new Camarilla vampires in Group 6, a bigger camarilla set is called for I think. So far the choice of vampires in group 6 is low, especially for the camarilla. With the LCG model a combined set like LoB is highly unlikely. After that - who knows? Maybe until then the source material gives space for Sabbat - they could also use an expansion. But with Anarchs being a major player in the RPG and them being a sect in their own right, they should get enough to be on par with the major sects in terms of appearance and available choices.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
06 May 2020 16:50 #99776 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic The next expansion
That's what I said, they are on par already and that is fine. I know they are following the RPG storyline. My only hope is that they've said that the new Lasombra stuff will get implemented somehow, so that's something I guess....

More
06 May 2020 17:26 #99777 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic The next expansion

If they let you go anarch, not hunting it down immediately after he/she becomes one and you are not a Sabbat/independent voter, or something that needs your sect availability to work, like sabbat, or laibon. If you account for all this, it narrows down what can really deal with it pretty severely. You need to be able to defend that one anarch you have, and let's face it, anarchs can fight really really well, so that's no easy task either.

One of the funniest interactions in my opinion happens when I turn my combat monster godzilla star vampire (someone like Matasuntha) anarch with a convert, and be like

My deck is not designed around anarchism, its just a bonus. Its just so funny to see that anarch revolt deck look at their cards and the table and their cards..

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Attachments:

More
07 May 2020 16:21 #99784 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic The next expansion
I'd estimate it'll be a long time before we'll see a Laibon expansion.

AFAIK they aren't part of the 5th Edition RPG at the moment. So until they get added to the current RPG BCP won't be able to publish any.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds