file Thoughts on new VTM card game?

18 Jul 2020 05:54 #100378 by librarian
Saw an announcement for this card game:
www.renegadegamestudios.com/news/2020/7/14/vampire-the-masquerade-rivals-expandable-card-game-kickstarter

They don't really get into the "expandable" part.

But wondering what the community felt about this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2020 06:01 #100379 by Bloodartist
Its new game, and we have nothing with which to form an opinion.

I have no problems with new WoD cardgames launching. Its extremely unlikely that it will overthrow VTES or anything since VTES has been around for 20+ years and that game is only just starting.

I just hope it will be good and deep (I doubt the depth part).

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
15 Aug 2020 21:20 #100544 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Thoughts on new VTM card game?
I'm surprised there isn't more reaction here. This is a new version of V:TES in a bunch of different ways, where it seems confusing to have both in the marketplace at the same time.

I was certainly surprised to see it appear, my friend brought it up probably due to the Gen Con newsletter email. I found another Vampire card game that wasn't nearly as VTESy.

I would have thought there would have at least been some statement saying that this has no impact on V:TES even though they have very similar aesthetics.

Anyway, five days left on Kickstarter. I'm not all that interested in backing it, but it's way past achieving goal.

More
15 Aug 2020 21:33 #100545 by Ankha
It's not a new version of "vtes". It's a different card game based on the same universe. It has some common elements (such as the Discipline symbols, but those were in fact used in V5 because of VTES).
It seems an interesting alternative to VTES for 2 or 3 players, but we'll have to wait until we can test it to see what it is worth.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Aug 2020 08:21 #100549 by Snodig
Besides not being a “new version” of vtes, it’s also old news. This has been discussed quite a bit in other communication channels, and the outcome is usually the same. Nobody wants, or thinks this is, a replacement for vtes.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds