file Inconnu?

17 Aug 2011 16:39 - 17 Aug 2011 16:40 #8421 by Ashur
Inconnu? was created by Ashur
I am a big fan of the immersion in the game (imagine stuff like "Koko gets a chainsaw and a hawg and rushes Carna in her Ankara Citadel") as well as the lore of Vampire The Masquerade. I guess this is because I´m not just a gamer - I´m a rpg nerd gamer. Anyway, these things give VtES an extra dimension in my opinion.

Sadly, WW have not always promoted those bits of the game. Instead they sometimes went for a "It´s just a bunch of cards, cards needs to be designed, it doesn´t matter what they´re called and what seem to happen in game"-approach.

A good example of this is the Inconnu event cards. What really happens when those cards are dropped on the table?

- Inconnu Tutelage: "A Methuselah may spend four transfers and remove a vampire in his or her uncontrolled region from the game to search for any card in his or her library and put it in his or her hand (discarding and shuffling afterward)." OK, so the Inconnu have some dubious methods for getting things done. They sacrifice vamps. Now, their secret seems to be out! Suddenly every player can do this? Shouldn´t this more likely have been a master card?

- Narrow Minds: "Do not replace until your untap phase. Minion cards that change the target of a bleed cost an additional blood or life." Eeeeh? The Inconnu suddenly induce headache in ... everyone that bounces bleeds? I don´t get it.

- Urban Jungle: "Blood hunt referendums get an additional 2 votes against the referendum." What has this to do with the Inconnu?! The secret Golconda/demon sect is suddenly promoting diablerie. For everyone. I don´t get it.

Some of these things might have something to do with me not being up to date with the Vampire lore, please inform me.

I guess I´m also confused why the Inconnu trait became a event trait instead of a vamp trait. Anyone know anything?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 17 Aug 2011 16:40 by Ashur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2011 16:47 #8424 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Inconnu?
I would think it was eventually going to become a vampire trait also if the game would have continued, there are quite a few keywords that don't mean anything at the moment.

More
17 Aug 2011 17:14 #8426 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Inconnu?
It might have been one of those things LSJ left open for future release integration. Like the Bahari thing.
Other examples of apparently pointless things that got some type of release cards to context were the Regent card (turned into a proper title),
Sabbat Inquisitor trait and the release of the Treaty of Laibach after the release of a vampire who could fetch it.

Since the Inconnu are what's left of the 4th generation Ventrue and some other really old kindred, who were very, very powerful, I don't think they would be released.
I mean, 7 or 8 new :cap11:'s...

Another way to go would be to release new, non-cannon vampires that could have smaller capacities and power.
Don't know. Probably never will.

More
17 Aug 2011 17:23 #8428 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Inconnu?
Well Dracula was member of the Inconnu also and he was only like 7th generation or something like that

More
17 Aug 2011 17:41 #8431 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Inconnu?

Well Dracula was member of the Inconnu also and he was only like 7th generation or something like that

True, true. But he was one of the few not belonging to 4th or 5th Generation and he didn't have nothing to do with the Castle they have or the rituals to keep it.
And he's the biggest cliché possible. :)

More
17 Aug 2011 18:51 #8438 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Inconnu?

Since the Inconnu are what's left of the 4th generation Ventrue and some other really old kindred, who were very, very powerful, I don't think they would be released.
I mean, 7 or 8 new :cap11:'s...

Another way to go would be to release new, non-cannon vampires that could have smaller capacities and power.
Don't know. Probably never will.

Although the eldest Inconnu mentioned in VTM sourcebooks are Ventrue, members of the sect come from many clans (even Tremere and Kiasyd). And bear in mind that Inconnu is a rather mixed group - it is not stated that all are on the Hunedoara track.

I have no problem with more 11 caps, as long as they are balanced (hideous drawbacks, grouping numbers etc). But sure, it is a game design challenge.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds