file Why do so few people play VTES on Lackey?

31 Mar 2018 07:05 #86101 by beslin igor
Quiters and cowards is very similar. quiters quit from a game when they're in a bad situation and cowards not quit but stop to play.
1 example for 1 coward: his vampire cap 3 with fame is sent to torpor,this moment him have after unlock phase 23 pool and him stop to play game,so no more influence,nothing only pass turns. so him not quit but he's afraid to continue playing. thereby destroying the game of other players on the board and helping his prey(who played without predator)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2018 19:33 - 31 Mar 2018 22:04 #86106 by brandonsantacruz

Quiters and cowards is very similar. quiters quit from a game when they're in a bad situation and cowards not quit but stop to play.
1 example for 1 coward: his vampire cap 3 with fame is sent to torpor,this moment him have after unlock phase 23 pool and him stop to play game,so no more influence,nothing only pass turns. so him not quit but he's afraid to continue playing. thereby destroying the game of other players on the board and helping his prey(who played without predator)

What you call cowardice is just a part of VTES strategy. In some situations when you know you are outmatched by your predator it makes sense to stop influencing or even transfer back to your pool. In the case of an aggro-rush predator it makes sense to not give them any targets and conserve your pool until someone else kills them, especially if you can't counter their bum's rush, grapple, slam, disarm, decapitate shenanigans. Let them bleed you for one or be someone else's problem until the table gets tired of them.

You could call this strategy "turtling" or "pool-sacking." I did it against my predator in a f2f game recently. He did a quick 14 pool damage to me and so I defended with one four-cap rather than transfer up a fatty and virtually bleed myself out.

Part of the strategy is discouraging people from playing such aggressive decks that deny you a game. Their loss is a moral victory.***

**also, you can't win if you are dead. Surviving the kamikaze that is your predator means maybe having a chance at winning.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 31 Mar 2018 22:04 by brandonsantacruz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds