file CCP Focuses on the EVE Universe

19 Oct 2011 16:45 #12311 by KevinM

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2011 04:35 #12408 by alek
looks like CCP is slowly going down.

More
21 Oct 2011 23:53 - 21 Oct 2011 23:54 #12591 by KzArashi
Rebloging my post on Facebbok about that (in portuguese for brazilain players):

A CCP que há alguns anos incorporou a empresa White Wolf (responsável por alguns dos bestsellers dos RPGs nos anos 90's e inicio dos 2000's), e que veio a cancelar grande parte da produção da WW (incluindo o CardGame Vampire: The Eternal Struggle - segundo a ser criado, tendo o mesmo criador do aclamado Magic: The Gathering), anunciou um corte de 20% no pessoal.
Ressaltando que este corte em principalmente na equipe da White Wolf, sediada em Atlanta - US.

A CCP afirma que esta centralizando seus esforços no seu MMO EVE online e no jogo para PS3, baseado nele. Dentre as justificativas, a perda de alguns usuários do EVE nos últimos meses (apesar de o total ainda ser muito maior que o a mesma época, no ano passado).

Atualmente a linha de RPGs da White Wolf havia se tornado praticamente digital (em PDF, pois a CCP sequer se preocupou em investir nas medias mais modernas como os ePUBs, para conquistar espaço nos tablets) e no POD (print on demand - impressão por encomenda).

A CCP afirma que continuara lançando material pela WW. Mas, já não há previsão para o lançamento do MMO do World of Darkness (baseado nos clássicos do RPG).

Triste para os fãs.

Mesmo que alguns não gostem de Vampiro: A mascara, Lobsomem: O Apocalipse, Mago: A Ascensão, entre outros... Ainda assim é triste uma empresa comprar outra (com produtos tão aclamados), simplesmente para joga-lá no lixo.

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore
Last edit: 21 Oct 2011 23:54 by KzArashi.

More
22 Oct 2011 00:00 #12593 by KzArashi
What I can see is that VTES will not come back by CCP's hands.

I'm trying hard to keep VTES alive here. But, some players are giving up.
Is hard to keep a decommissioned ship floating

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore

More
22 Oct 2011 19:13 #12624 by KevinM

I'm trying hard to keep VTES alive here. But, some players are giving up.

See, I just don't get that. If you enjoyed the game last month, or last year, IT'S THE SAME GAME.

Keep talking with your players about how there are 40 clans, 28 disciplines with literally THOUSANDS of combinations, and 25 sets from which to draw cards from to create new decks. Encourage these players who are sad about 'no more new cards' that there are all these combinations that they haven't yet explored and that you are willing to trade them cards to make this happen.

Often times, players want to play a particular deck or strategy and they don't have the vampires or the cards to do it, so if the playgroup wishes to survive, the playgroup needs to adapt to more friendly trading methods.

e.g. If everyone has a few Trophies, then EVERYONE needs to trade ALL their trophies to the one guy that wants to but can't make a Trophy deck.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds