file VTES on SALE!!!

14 May 2011 21:19 #4447 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: VTES on SALE!!!
www.white-wolf.com/old-world-of-darkness/news/vampire-the-eternal-struggle-news

Vampire: The Eternal Struggle News

Friday, May 13, 2011

VTES Players,

We wanted to take a moment to give you an update on the future of Vampire: The Eternal Struggle. White Wolf will continue to host North American support for VTES for the rest of 2011 (although European event support will be provided by VTES.de).

However, starting May 20th, 2011, VTES will no longer be sold through standard distribution channels. Instead, you will be able to purchase displays at the White Wolf Store in North America and VTES.de in Europe.

As part of this change in distribution, pricing for displays will be decreased on 5/20. Booster displays will be sold for $50USD/€50, and starter displays will be sold for $35USD/€35. North American sales do not include sales tax, while European sales do include VAT.

Further, European customers can purchase a package of five booster displays for €225, and ten booster displays for €400. These packages can be a mix and match of displays.

If you have any questions, you can contact VTES Support at .

vtes.de/catalog/
store.white-wolf.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: js_vtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2011 03:07 #4451 by js_vtes
Replied by js_vtes on topic Re: VTES on SALE!!!
Thanks, Adonai, that's reassuring. I wonder why they would start the sale a week and a half early, then pull it. The way I see it, that could only thin out the herd of potential customers by giving all us oldsters heart attacks.

More
16 May 2011 10:24 #4480 by atomweaver
Replied by atomweaver on topic Re: VTES on SALE!!!

Thanks, Adonai, that's reassuring. I wonder why they would start the sale a week and a half early, then pull it. The way I see it, that could only thin out the herd of potential customers by giving all us oldsters heart attacks.

From the press release, it looks like they're buying VTES stock back from distributors, and then putting it up on their own webstore at discounted rates. My guess is that the initial sale was set up based on the stock they were currently holding, and that they didn't expect to sell out so quickly. Product sold out faster than distributors could return what they have... thus the gap. In businesses, as in London, always Mind the Gap. :P

More
16 May 2011 20:31 #4487 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: VTES on SALE!!!

From the press release, it looks like they're buying VTES stock back from distributors, and then putting it up on their own webstore at discounted rates. My guess is that the initial sale was set up based on the stock they were currently holding, and that they didn't expect to sell out so quickly. Product sold out faster than distributors could return what they have... thus the gap. In businesses, as in London, always Mind the Gap. :P

I don't know that I agree with your analysis.

I think a simpler answer would be:

1) Shipping personnel weren't informed of the change and vacation had already been scheduled.
2) Sufficient interest was expressed in initial offer that the lack of personnel became critical to getting larger orders out for larger customers, and a week plus delay for any customer is unacceptable after payment has been accepted.

Everyone should still get their income tax returns ready to make a big purchase though.

Enjoy new V:TES cards that are new to you!

More
16 May 2011 22:46 #4492 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: VTES on SALE!!!

I don't know that I agree with your analysis.

I think a simpler answer would be:

1) Shipping personnel weren't informed of the change and vacation had already been scheduled.
2) Sufficient interest was expressed in initial offer that the lack of personnel became critical to getting larger orders out for larger customers, and a week plus delay for any customer is unacceptable after payment has been accepted.

Everyone should still get their income tax returns ready to make a big purchase though.

Enjoy new V:TES cards that are new to you!

This is what I was thinking. Similar to #2. That the orders came in fast and furious and they needed to catch up before taking more orders. That was my theory anyway.

More
17 May 2011 22:27 #4508 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: VTES on SALE!!!
It appears that the VTES sale is back on:
store.white-wolf.com/Board-Games-Cards-C3.aspx

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds