lightbulb Danse Macabre Previews

03 Oct 2013 14:13 - 03 Oct 2013 14:15 #54741 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
I'd just note that I'm not sure where all of the concern for !Gangrel comes from. Just, for instance, from 2009 on, !Gangrel have 28 wins and !Malks 29. Sure, a lot of recent wins are superstar decks. Is that any different from a lot of Baali wins coming from superstars? A lot of Gargoyle wins coming from one-turn superstars? Or, the lesser number of wins from 2009 on of: !Brujah (12), !Nosferatu (8), !Toreador (18)?

The real concern should be for the perpetually shafted Pander (8). Clearly, !Brujah and !Nos are far worse than !Gangrel, but effort was made to make them less awful. How much effort is ever put into making Pander less awful?

Maybe, we will see something in this set, but I have my doubts. People like to throw Pander in with Caitiff (also screwed in more modern play) and like to hate on 1-caps, but Pander shouldn't just be for 1-cap bleed or vote but have some sort of coherent clan identity, some way to rise above one-cappiness (or two-cappiness) so that the Enochians are pacified and you aren't just playing them for their winnieness potential.

Then, people seem to forget about !Toreador and how they used to be far more successful and how it would be nice to get cards that aren't just as good for Toreador and that take them away from dull Palla Grande/Foundation Exhibit horde decks.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2013 14:15 by ICL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2013 14:26 #54743 by ReverendRevolver
I think the reason they havent been seen as needing help is what you said they are reduced to:

Legacy of pander is stupid good, and a cheese deck, and palla grand is also stupid good and a cheese deck.

G2 pander are good, its been worse from there, and the last great caitiffs were mukhtar and before him maldavis.

Several clans could use help, some actually need it though. Palla grand and legacy of pander win more than slaughterhouse, for exqmple, no matter what.

More
03 Oct 2013 21:54 #54753 by Dasein
Replied by Dasein on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
Esprit des Corps is awesome! Obvious use is Brujah Debate, but could fit in with other decks too; allies, old fashioned POT/PRE bash'n'vote...
I'm trying to think outside the box a bit too, and for some reason, Setities with pot are coming to mind.... :D

More
04 Oct 2013 03:58 - 04 Oct 2013 04:01 #54755 by Von_Polack

Esprit des Corps is awesome! Obvious use is Brujah Debate, but could fit in with other decks too; allies, old fashioned POT/PRE bash'n'vote...
I'm trying to think outside the box a bit too, and for some reason, Setities with pot are coming to mind....

I used to have a pretty decent mid-cap Guruhi rush/bleed deck. It's gonna love this card, time to bring Nangila out of retirement.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2013 04:01 by Von_Polack.

More
04 Oct 2013 10:25 #54759 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: er-principe

More
04 Oct 2013 10:48 #54760 by jozxyqk
Replied by jozxyqk on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
That new vampire looks like a Smooth Operator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds