file Announcement: The Middle Kingdom

02 Apr 2014 13:41 - 02 Apr 2014 13:42 #60554 by BenPeal
So, yes, just a bit of April foolery. I did receive an IM from Ginés saying he fell for it, which has totally made my day. :)

Props to Mike Nudd for writing the article!

We'll have a proper Designer's Diary entry in 2-3 weeks with an update on the progress of the Independent set.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2014 13:42 by BenPeal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis, ReverendRevolver, Hakuron, Pendargon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2014 05:48 - 03 Apr 2014 05:48 #60576 by Lönkka

We need new imbued cards

We should vote on this really...

Why not?

One of the criticism I've heard against Inbued is that when you're playing against them it is the same old thing and cards every time. Why not add just an odd feq (even one would be nice!) Imbued card every now and then, or even better, every expansion.

This way they'd slowly build slightly larger pool of cards giving players more varied options.

But perhaps we should start a discussion/poll about this in the appropriate sub-forum and not hijack this thread?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 03 Apr 2014 05:48 by Lönkka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Apr 2014 10:22 #60583 by Brum
Imbued harm the game far more than Pentex Subversion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
03 Apr 2014 10:41 #60584 by self biased

it's not their existence that bothers me so much as the way there are all these similar but different rules bolted on to an already cluttered system.

More
03 Apr 2014 14:25 #60590 by ReverendRevolver

it's not their existence that bothers me so much as the way there are all these similar but different rules bolted on to an already cluttered system.

Very true. If they got more cards that,helped current imbued 0%, maybe itd be neat. More imbued like beatrice, usimg creeds that are sdistant, like waywayward, hermit, etc.
Powers that are good for adding to vamp decks, not killing every non allies deck at the table.

Also, we already have stupid rules for them. Why not stick with canon, and an imbued taking more damage than they have life burns if hot with a gun strike? Bullets ended hunters in what ive read.

More
03 Apr 2014 19:42 #60608 by Juggernaut1981

Why not?

One of the criticism I've heard against Inbued is that when you're playing against them it is the same old thing and cards every time. Why not add just an odd feq (even one would be nice!) Imbued card every now and then, or even better, every expansion.

This way they'd slowly build slightly larger pool of cards giving players more varied options.

But perhaps we should start a discussion/poll about this in the appropriate sub-forum and not hijack this thread?

Lonkka,
My problem with Imbued is that the break the 'limited depleting resources' structure of VTES. You start with 30 pool, you give some of it to vampires and spend your time trying to make sure you get the most from your pool/blood/vampires for the rest of the game. Imbued don't do that. Imbued refresh their Conviction every turn.

To get a feel for what that would be like for vampires, just give every vampire 1 blood during the untap before you worry about HGs/Owain/Rack/Palatial Estate/etc. Then play a game of VTES without Imbued.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds