file Storyline Diary - September 2014

02 Sep 2014 01:48 #65223 by ReverendRevolver

Can we print an alternate Preturnatural Strength as a tourney legal card?

Its a strong card for potence, and enables many decks that are otherwise unplayable.

No. It does read "NOT FOR LEGAL PLAY", in case you doubt. It is also not a VEKN official card.

Regular Preternatural Strength would be the valid option.

I meant in an actual set.

Maybe no blood cost and no stealth? Or 2 blood for 1 stealth, PS drawback and Heroic Mights ranged strike?

My argument being that PS fulfills a strong point in decks, and since most new cards aim to fill needs, PS obviously fills a niche Heroic Might cant, and sometimes vice versa. Another version would of course fill another niche, and be more acceesable than Heroic Might (which I thougjt paying $8 each for was bad) or thexmore practical and expensive PS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2014 07:14 #65227 by a-e

Its a strong card for potence, and enables many decks that are otherwise unplayable.

No. It does read "NOT FOR LEGAL PLAY", in case you doubt. It is also not a VEKN official card.

Maybe no blood cost and no stealth? Or 2 blood for 1 stealth, PS drawback and Heroic Mights ranged strike?

My argument being that PS fulfills a strong point in decks, and since most new cards aim to fill needs, PS obviously fills a niche Heroic Might cant, and sometimes vice versa. Another version would of course fill another niche, and be more acceesable than Heroic Might (which I thougjt paying $8 each for was bad) or thexmore practical and expensive PS.

Any other "too expensive" cards that you would like to print out yourself with another name on it on future pdf sets? Because that's what you're asking, to be able to print all good cards that you can't get cheap from e-bay. Maybe Enkil Cog that doesn't give +1 bleed but is usable by 9 cap, or Summon History that has it inferior and superior effects switched?

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
02 Sep 2014 10:30 - 02 Sep 2014 10:33 #65234 by ReverendRevolver

Any other "too expensive" cards that you would like to print out yourself with another name on it on future pdf sets? Because that's what you're asking, to be able to print all good cards that you can't get cheap from e-bay. Maybe Enkil Cog that doesn't give +1 bleed but is usable by 9 cap, or Summon History that has it inferior and superior effects switched?

No, just ones that fill irreplacable functions for a given discipline. Ypu CAN play weenie potence, but since plus strength actions came out, midcap and fatty grapple decks have relied heavily upon the inclusion of 1-3 of PS or HM.
You cant argue that deep song is the same, since computer hacking and TTCB exist and are accessable in a pinch. You cant argue Eyes of Argus is the same, since there are 4 billion ways to untap, and ways to get intercept.

Summon history is supposed to be cornercase. Temporis is on one bloodline and Gwydd. Cog should be made promo if we go into print again, same with monestary of shadows, becuase they fill the same roll as villein in different ways, enabling huge vampires to gain advantages. These cards however arent as intristic to things as standing strength is to Potence midcaps and weenies.

Tsp exists, but the paralel is computer hacking to a bleed retainer.

Fore sure, if we are ever back in print, cards like deep song, eyes, MotS, freak drive, deflection, TV, and others will be acquired in bulk by several players who will also want summon history and cog.

Im talking about accessability of a function to new players. I own cards that do this, but new players (and people tired of moving the same Ps from deck to deck) would be appreciative if these sorts of things.

But this is off topic.

Im kinda shocked about some of the cards in (and not it) the Niktuku deck. No greater forced march, greater Warsaw Station, Greater (non unique ;) ) cog and the inclusion of greater sideslip over other stuff. Also, no greater sense the savage way was the big strange to me, but I guess that cards already stupid good without adding more intercept.....
Last edit: 02 Sep 2014 10:33 by ReverendRevolver.

More
02 Sep 2014 16:40 #65237 by mikelosaurus

Greater taste of vitae....again, I'd leave it with normal title if it isn't actually greater.

Works against allies.

Huh, good catch. So that just leaves guard dogs unchanged, near as I can tell.

Actually that's an error that slipped through the net. The intent was to drop the bleed clause. I'll get the revised version posted ASAP.

Read my new blog: gameaholicblog.wordpress.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: talonz

More
02 Sep 2014 16:44 #65238 by mikelosaurus

On a less serious note, how do the results of the Nictuku storyline matter? Is there some reason for creating a bunch of better versions of cards, putting them together, and having one player play a different game than everyone else?

The aim is just to have fun. I'm sure some players will appreciate trying something a little bit different. If it's not for you then no harm is done, no-one is going to force you to try it. Perhaps some of my other suggestions might be more interesting to you? And if not, then please feel free to PM me with suggestions for game formats which I can write up in future articles.

Read my new blog: gameaholicblog.wordpress.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silmegil, ruiza97

More
04 Sep 2014 02:33 #65259 by Lech
Isn't Mithras supposed to have superior celerity instead of potence? Kind of strange considering he defeated monty and have quietus.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds