lightbulb Masika Advanced - Storyline Rewards 2015

02 Jun 2015 17:02 #71464 by Nac
you are being too harsh, adding raw power to toreador group 1 will never be a good idea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2015 03:48 #71509 by Klaital

you are being too harsh, adding raw power to toreador group 1 will never be a good idea.

So you rather they make completely useless wallpaper card? Might as well not print one at all then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
07 Jun 2015 19:15 #71525 by Nac

So you rather they make completely useless wallpaper card? Might as well not print one at all then.

Many people have shown interest in the new decks that could spring from Masika as a star, which is a good thing considering AAA. I first and foremost thank them for keep trying to offer us new things even if they are not my cup of tea. You dislike it, that's fine, but there is a long distance between that and it being the most asbolute and completely and buthurting wallpaper on the whole universal universe of universes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
11 Sep 2015 16:34 #73031 by johannes
I think card flushing mechanisms are generally underestimated. It is not only the +1 intercept to any minion but also the fact that it can get rid of a momentarily useless card that counts. Yes, this is not a no-brainer power vampire but it is hardly useless, even without merging.

Also there is a significant design challenge here. The basic Masika has quite a powerful special, if you make the advanced version to good it will become a monster. I think the merged Masika is as powerful as a merged 10 cap should be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, PetriWessman, Hakuron

More
11 Sep 2015 19:38 #73032 by Kushiel

I think card flushing mechanisms are generally underestimated. It is not only the +1 intercept to any minion but also the fact that it can get rid of a momentarily useless card that counts. Yes, this is not a no-brainer power vampire but it is hardly useless, even without merging.

Also there is a significant design challenge here. The basic Masika has quite a powerful special, if you make the advanced version to good it will become a monster. I think the merged Masika is as powerful as a merged 10 cap should be.

Agreed. Also, given the way that Epiphany works, you're going to have four copies of the base version and only one of the advanced in your crypt anyway, so the non-merged advanced version being less potent than the base version isn't going to be an issue very often.

(And you're not going to try to build a merged vampire deck without using Epiphany, right?)

More
13 Sep 2015 17:17 #73089 by SLave
The question proper is:
Why would you try and build a merged-Masika deck at all?

Where does he fit in?
1. AAA
I guess one could try and squeeze in 1 copy of Masika ADV (never merged). He has all the vital disciplines, after all, and could work as a Marciana in a deck otherwise devoid of intercept (apart from TM, perchance). However, I would still prefer Dorian or Isabel de Leon as possible targets for TGB.

2. Anneke Wall

With Anson, Francois and Marcellus, I absolutely doubt there is any space left. And if there is, I would, again, prefer Dorian or Isabel to Masika ADV. Plenty of vamps who can play 2nd Traditions without experiencing Epiphany.

3. Masika Wall / CEL-AUS
This deck does not use 2nd Traditions anyway, and has access to a vast selection of intercept providers. The deck does not run political cards. Absolutely no point in inserting Masika ADV.

When planning for Masika ADV you can well plan for a single one, and waste the library shelves for a copy of Epiphany... Wait. One copy bain't enough. You need like three? Damn. Let me think of cards I'd rather have multiple copies of.... Dreams of the... Second Tradition.... Parity Shift.... Ashur Tablets. They are all better provided that you are not running a Masika star deck. And... Is Masika good enough to make him a star? Yes, the 1994 one. Sadly enough, there is no synergy between the two. Adding the ADV one is like saying: 'I need a challenge. A way to make my game more difficult'. Well, I don't. Not into it. Sorry.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds