file Important poll about the future of the game.

22 Feb 2016 12:52 - 22 Feb 2016 12:54 #75510 by Ankha
There is an important article on the home page of the website : www.vekn.net/votes

We invite everyone to go and express themselves through the poll. Don't hesitate to translate and share the link on your local forum, facebook page, etc.

How do you want V:TES to be continued?

The future is in motion.

VEKN and Paradox had a very constructive Skype meeting a few days ago and they asked us what should be done with VTES. So, in turn, we ask YOU, players, what would you like your game to become.

Please fill in the following survey by rating each choice from 1 (least prefered) to 7 (most prefered) and spread the news around you so the most players can express their opinion. Only registred users can vote. Try to distribute your votes by order of preferences (do not give a 7-mark to all options!) You may choose not to vote at all for options that don't interest you.

If you have any technical problem with the poll or the registration, you can mail the details to

-- The VEKN

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 22 Feb 2016 12:54 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron, self biased, chrisn101, Maddog, Zombieking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2016 23:06 #75521 by ICL
If I put in my votes, should I see them reflected in the stars when I view the poll?

More
23 Feb 2016 07:39 - 23 Feb 2016 10:12 #75525 by Ankha

If I put in my votes, should I see them reflected in the stars when I view the poll?

No.

EDIT: I've changed the component. Now your current votes are displayed.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 10:12 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, Kushiel

More
23 Feb 2016 23:37 #75527 by Maddog
First great idea regarding gaining feedback from vtes community, well done.

I thought a two player rules format question may be useful (without effecting the existing multi-player mechanic we have now).

More
24 Feb 2016 14:00 #75528 by Ashur

I thought a two player rules format question may be useful (without effecting the existing multi-player mechanic we have now).

Many great minds has pondered this over the years. It´s really hard to come up with something solid, because the game is as it is combatwise. Much, too much I think, has to be changed from the normal rules, and/or cards banned.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
24 Feb 2016 16:29 #75529 by TwoRazorReign

Many great minds has pondered this over the years. It´s really hard to come up with something solid, because the game is as it is combatwise. Much, too much I think, has to be changed from the normal rules, and/or cards banned.

See, I think the game is solid enough for a two-player format to work without changing mechanics/rules too much. One necessary change is having alternate ways to play certain cards in two-player games, such as Kine Resources Contested (assign all 4 points to the opposing Methuselah) and Deflection (reduce the bleed amount to 1). Alternate texts for these cards would need to live somewhere (maybe online?) The other necessary change is related to regular constructed play not always working for two-player games. Certain strategies are just totally dominant (weenie swarm). One solution is to simply unblind decks before play. This way, strategies that would normally dominate in two-player games should be matched up with a foil strategy.

I understand that this is a totally different way to play the game, and it’s not for everybody. But, let’s focus on the positives: the games are shorter, some rules/mechanics are more streamlined (such as sequencing), combat is a more winning strategy, the endless deal making and lip flapping go bye-bye, voting becomes a simple numbers game, randomly being seated next to an unfavorable strategy is gone, and only 1 other person is needed to play.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds