exclamation-circle Limited Edition V:TES Anthology Set Announced for European Championships in Berlin

23 Dec 2016 16:07 #79712 by M.Schumacher

"The VEKN should do more to promote the game!"

*VEKN promotes Vtes*

"NOT LIKE THAT!"

No. The proposition is to hold the EC in Berlin at a substentially increased cost.
Less players might show due to this cost increase.
The EC is held with 60 players.
WW realizes the player base is slim and not interested/capable of coughing up that kind of money.
Plans to reboot Vtes are canceled.

This is of course just a worst case scenario but it is understandable why people are interested in the backround of this decision. Im perfectly capable of seeing the reasoning behind this as described by Ben in his post, it is just that there are certain pitfalls associated with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2016 21:56 #79714 by Son of Malkav
in first sorry for my english , is not so good :-)
i have 2 question

1- 150€ include the tournament ore the cost of the event is 150 € + tournament cost.?

2- European championship will be open so what other tournament will be in that day?
legendary? nation cup? first chance ? last chance?

3- for this season National championship and European qualifire have sense maybe thay can qualify for legendary?

More
23 Dec 2016 22:16 - 23 Dec 2016 22:17 #79715 by Damnans

in first sorry for my english , is not so good :-)
i have 2 question

1- 150€ include the tournament ore the cost of the event is 150 € + tournament cost.?

The cost of the VTES events is included in the 150 €.

2- European championship will be open so what other tournament will be in that day?
legendary? nation cup? first chance ? last chance?

The actual format of the European Championship will be announced before the 10th of January. But we are aiming for an open EC Day 1 where the top 40 (for example) will qualify to play EC Day 2. There may obviously be side events and/or other types of tournaments such as the Nations Cup. But it's a bit early to confirm that end.

3- for this season National championship and European qualifire have sense maybe thay can qualify for legendary?

We'll be able to answer that question in January.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 23 Dec 2016 22:17 by Damnans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
23 Dec 2016 22:21 #79716 by Son of Malkav

More
23 Dec 2016 22:57 #79717 by self biased

"The VEKN should do more to promote the game!"

*VEKN promotes Vtes*

"NOT LIKE THAT!"

No. The proposition is to hold the EC in Berlin at a substentially increased cost.
Less players might show due to this cost increase.
The EC is held with 60 players.
WW realizes the player base is slim and not interested/capable of coughing up that kind of money.
Plans to reboot Vtes are canceled.

This is of course just a worst case scenario but it is understandable why people are interested in the backround of this decision. Im perfectly capable of seeing the reasoning behind this as described by Ben in his post, it is just that there are certain pitfalls associated with it.

DOOOM! DOOOOOOOM! DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM-uh!

I get that a hundred and fifty euros is a steep price tag for a V:tes tourney, even if each set that is included has an effective value over the 150 Euros (two Enkil Cogs will do it by my estimation)

but hey, at least Europeans get the chance to just pay the monies and get the set without jumping through ridiculous hoops right? From my understanding (which i pray to the almighty Snips is woefully inaccurate) the EC will be the only place to get this Anthology set. Crow about the entry fee all you want and I'll yell "THAT'S BULLSHIT!" into whatever face you want me to. But realize there's probably* a significant amount of players whose financial hardships for attending this event and getting the "Anthology" cardset go far beyond the cost to walk through the doors.

_____
*This set includes everyone who doesn't live in Europe, which is pretty fucking significant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
23 Dec 2016 22:59 - 23 Dec 2016 23:03 #79718 by self biased
so for clarity's sake:

Will the "Anthology" set be offered for purchase to people who are incapable of attending the EC? I really need to know because if only EC/Berlin Event people can get these cards I need to start practicing yelling "THAT'S BULLSHIT!" at people to get the inflections right.
Last edit: 23 Dec 2016 23:03 by self biased.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds