check TWD - Origins Constructed 13 June Morning and NAC Day 2 (Same deck)

17 Jun 2019 14:29 - 15 Jul 2019 06:23 #95426 by DJHedgehog
Deck Name: MMPA Stealth bleed/vote
Author: Corwin Brindley
Description: I tried out girls a lot but felt like it was missing something. Losing Aksinya was a big hurdle but there are a lot of good vamps in group 1-2 with titles and dominate. Getting to vote more consistently and bounce occasionally makes me a bit happier. This is the refined version of the deck I won with in Newark OH a few months ago. I made some adjustments for Origins that I probably shouldn't have, namely that I took out Archon Investigation in favor of a Not to Be. I hate Unmasking/Veil of Darkness/Rising and saw 2/3 of them but didn't have the not-to-be to stop them anyways.

I go back and forth on Voter cap at 1-2. Parity Shift may come out as I discard it most often in favor of an Ancilla Empowerment. I'm not sold on Sarrasine/Kephamos other than it's nice to have other minions to bring up. Other than that the deck has proven to be pretty tight.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=8 max=11 avg=9.333333)
==================
4x Anson 8 aus dom CEL PRE Toreador:1
1x Kephamos, High Priest of Marrakech8 dom obf pre SER Follower of Set:2
2x Leandro 11 cel dom AUS OBF PRE Malkavian:2
2x Arika 11 aus cel DOM FOR OBF PRE Ventrue:2
2x Queen Anne 10 aus obf DOM FOR PRE Ventrue:2
1x Sarrasine (ADV) 8 aus nec OBF PRE SER Follower of Set:2

Library: 90 cards

Master (49 cards)
==================
1x Golconda: Inner Peace
3x Information Highway
1x Jake Washington
7x Liquidation
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Not to Be
2x Obfuscate
3x Parthenon, The
18x Ashur Tablets
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Secure Haven
1x Barrens, The
6x Villein
1x Wider View
1x Direct Intervention
1x Dreams of the Sphinx

Action (5 cards)
==================
3x Entrancement
2x Intimidation

Action Modifier (19 cards)
==================
4x Elder Impersonation
1x Faceless Night
5x Lost in Crowds
2x Perfect Paragon
2x Spying Mission
1x True Love's Face
2x Voter Captivation
1x Cloak the Gathering
1x Conditioning

Action Modifier/Combat (1 cards)
==================
1x Swallowed by the Night

Political Action (3 cards)
==================
1x Anarchist Uprising
1x Parity Shift
1x Banishment

Combat (6 cards)
==================
4x Majesty
2x Staredown

Reaction (6 cards)
==================
1x Eluding the Arms of Morpheus
1x Obedience
1x Redirection
1x Second Tradition: Domain
2x Deflection

Event (1 cards)
==================
1x Scourge of the Enochians

Origins Thursday Morning Tournament

Game 1:
I sat to the right of Darby playing tupdogs and basically didn't play the game. I was able to bloat with masters and be obnoxious but otherwise I took 1 action the whole game.0 VP.

Game 2:
This game was pretty good. Bill Troxel was playing stealth bleed as my grand predator bleeding into a Helana deck that managed to live through some massive early game pressure and well into the late game. That being said I had very little pressure and was able to develop a wide board and a lot of pool. "The player with no predator wins". In this game, that was me. Bill got Helena eventually but I took the table. 1 GW 4 VP.

Finals:
Table order
David Cherryholmes- Vasiliy bleed with costly bounce
Mark Jasper- Lasombra Bleed/Vote
Keith Cooley- War Ghouls A la Darby
Bill Troxel- OBF/PRE Bleed
Me- This deck

Things got hot-and-heavy pretty early with Keith making 2 early war ghouls and pool totals (other than bill) being very low. Keith is a new player from my area and he was piloting a relatively complex deck that he borrowed from Darby. Everyone at the table was trying to deal with him to avoid the war ghoul's wrath. Then keith dropped a Veil of Darkness and we were all potential victims. He rushed bill first who tried to end combat but I DI'd it, removing some of the pressure I was feeling early. Keith had a good chance for a win by torping out my guys, but couldn't get to me before I could get David and him. I had some lucky Veil of Darkness draws on my end combats that led to my win. 1 GW 4 VP.

NAC Day 2

Game 1:
This game had Mark Jasper, Kelly Schultz, Alex Romano and Darby. Despite being a good and well played game, it managed to go to time with no game win. Kelly was playing Baali (shocker) with the Malefica card that fails actions and combat strikes. He also had an early unleash which slowed me down considerably. Darby was playing Khazar's Diary which managed to get MJ, but he ran out of time and I had amassed a considerable amount of pool. .5 VP

Game 2:
My prey was Will Kristoff playing a bounce heavy deck and was bleeding for a considerable amount himself. My predator was Alain from france playing goratrix wall deck, being preyed on by Martin's Stanislava. Martin was an early bleed sink and struggled to get started. Will was keen on bouncing my bleeds and used that momentum to oust his prey, Shane, and Martin. By then though, he ran out of bounce and I was able to lay into him with multiple minions I was able to make due to the small amount of pressure from my predator. Gearing up for the matchup with the wall deck I was just Ashur tableting stealth into my deck. By the end I had a pretty small deck that was mostly stealth. There was a small disagreement because Alain believed I mislead him as to Leandro's special ability. If you read this, Alain, know that I truly and honestly would not play that way and think there may have been a communication issue. That being said I was able to bring Alain down as he was on low pool. 1 GW 3 VP

Game 3
My predator was playing weenie auspex and my prey was playing a Baba Yaga raptor deck. Baba Yaga tooled up early and was consistently bleeding for 3 which drew an early pentex from his prey. I was holding a pentex for Baba Yaga but wanted to wait for a lunge as I assumed the table would remove the pentex quickly. My grand predator was focused on ousting and had animalism combat which was torping the weenie auspex deck pretty frequently. Despite that, he was often blocked and Connor (my predator) held on for a long time before being ousted. Pete Oh was playing Ventrue stickmen as my grand prey. I managed to get the perpetually pentex'ed Baba Yaga after a few turns and then used my pentex on Pete's only remaining prince, getting him a couple turns after that. In the heads up against my once grand predator (I forgot his name sorry man) who was playing a tremere vote deck with animalism combat. I had vote lock with 10 votes and banished his all star and bled him out from there. 1 GW 4 VP.

NAC Finals
Me - Going first
Martin Weinmayer- Stanislava
Bill Troxel- Isanwayen and pals MMPA bleed deck
Mehdi Mazni- Girls MMPA bleed deck
Shane- Tremere toolbox

The game started relatively slowly. I got some huge cards early and didn't contest, namely info highway and parthenon. Getting to potentially play 3 ashurs in one turn puts me ahead of the other MMPA decks. The downside is that I'm a bleed sink and the tremere player is running dominate (big surprise). I was able to gain vote control over martin and bill had a single vote that made a huge difference. Martin was low on pool and we failed a political stranglehold that would have kept him in the game. On my turn I had the oust assuming he couldn't bounce. I bled for 3 with leandro which he took and then made a deal with me to take 5 of bill's pool with parity and give it to me if I kept him alive. I don't necessarily see that as a good deal for him but I pretty much had to take it. He later said that if he died he wouldn't get to play which is understandable. I get hit with a forward pentex from Shane on my new Arika that I was planning to use to block his actions. He used the opportunity to bleed me for 8 and get me down to 7. I remove pentex and then oust Martin. Leave Arika up to block the bleeds and get hit with a pentex from Bill. I ask Mehdi to remove pentex and he says that he won't, but he would Golconda one of my minions so I don't die. I accept 11 pool for leandro and he manages to oust Shane who has no bounce in hand. At this point I contest pentex and pass an anarchist uprising which knocks bill down to 5 pool from 10. Bill doesn't gain pool during his turn which leads to me ashur tableting for a single card, the uprising, which I pass again and get the oust. Mehdi was on low pool but managed to stay alive until time. 1 GW 2.5 VP.

Thanks to Ben for running tournaments all week. It was a fun time and I played tons and tons of VTES. Tons of good players that it was good to see. Shout out to Martin for getting me into playing on Lackey. Playing regularly with strong players improved my play drastically.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2019 06:23 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala, Ankha, lionel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2019 14:58 #95429 by Mewcat
Did u see any interesting decks? Like anything that was surprising?

More
17 Jun 2019 15:14 #95430 by DJHedgehog
The baba yaga deck was interesting. Raptors and untaps and other nos with auspex.

The tremere deck was pretty cool too, honestly. He was playing dr. John Dee and votes, with animalism to scare off blockers. He was trying to get Gabriella but Leandro tax caused him to not want to dig for her and instead brought up the bishop who doubles votes.

Alex Romano was playing his tor-anti protean deck which is at least kind-of out of the box.

I liked Darby's war ghoul deck that keith played, even if it's not surprising.

MJ had an Eze deck that was fun and made it to a final.

The baali deck with malifica was inspiring as far as making me want to explore that part of deck building.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

More
17 Jun 2019 15:14 #95431 by Lech
Multiple master decks fair and balanced

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
17 Jun 2019 15:16 #95432 by DJHedgehog

Oh, dude trust me I totally agree.

What is interesting though is that the finals for NAC was actually interesting and fun despite 3 players on MMPA. There is balance at the top I guess?

More
17 Jun 2019 15:47 #95434 by Mewcat

Oh, dude trust me I totally agree.

What is interesting though is that the finals for NAC was actually interesting and fun despite 3 players on MMPA. There is balance at the top I guess?

Well if everyone has the same deck that is, I suppose, the definition of balanced. Not sure if this is any kind of reasonable design goal.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds