file Revolutionary Council, Emissary, and Referendum Timing

06 Aug 2020 17:04 - 06 Aug 2020 17:05 #100492 by Kushiel
This (admittedly stupid) situation came up during a game last night, and while I think I understand how it should resolve, I was unsure enough that I'd like to check.

Scenario: I have Alabastrom and three younger Gargoyles in play. All four vampires are anarch. All four vampires are unlocked. Alabastrom is a baron, and also has a Firebrand on him.
-Alabastrom locks to call Revolutionary Council. The action is unblocked.
-Terms are declared: X is 3, and the three unlocked anarchs are chosen. 6 points are allocated.
-Alabatrom plays Emissary to lock one of the other three anarchs, granting it three votes.
-I can choose to use either Alabastrom’s special text or burn a blood on him to activate Firebrand, unlocking the Emissary vampire.
-The vote passes.
-I can choose to use either Alabastrom’s special text or burn a blood on him to activate Firebrand, unlocking the Emissary vampire.
-All three anarchs are locked and the effects of the allocated points are resolved.
-Post-referendum effects are resolved.

Please correct me if I got any of this sequence wrong!

Assuming it’s correct, my only remaining question is, if I didn’t use an effect to unlock the Emissary vampire before the resolution of the vote, does it still take effect? Ie, if some effect causes one of the anarchs chosen during declaration of terms to become locked between terms declaration and the vote passing, does the vote fizzle? I assume that it still goes off since the RevCo card text says "each chosen anarch is locked..." and not “each chosen anarch locks to…”

Card Texts
Name: Revolutionary Council
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires a baron.
Choose X, then choose X ready unlocked anarchs you control and allocate 2X points among one or more Methuselahs, locations, and equipment. Successful referendum means each chosen anarch is locked, each Methuselah burns 1 pool for each point assigned, and each location or equipment assigned a point is burned.

Name: Emissary
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Requires a ready baron. Only usable during a referendum before votes and ballots are cast.
Choose a ready unlocked anarch you control. Lock the chosen anarch. That anarch gains 3 votes. Any Camarilla vampire older than that anarch can lock to cancel that anarch's votes and ballots.

Name: Firebrand
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires an anarch.
If this referendum is successful, put this card on the acting anarch. This anarch gets 1 additional vote during a political action. During your minion phase, this anarch can burn 1 blood to unlock a ready younger anarch. Burn this card if this anarch goes to torpor. An anarch may have only 1 Firebrand.

Name: Alabástrom
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Gargoyle
Group: 6
Capacity: 7
Discipline: aus cel for POT VIS
Anarch: If Alabástrom is ready during your turn, you can unlock another ready Gargoyle you control. Flight [FLIGHT].
Last edit: 06 Aug 2020 17:05 by Kushiel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2020 18:09 #100493 by kschaefer

if I didn’t use an effect to unlock the Emissary vampire before the resolution of the vote, does it still take effect? Ie, if some effect causes one of the anarchs chosen during declaration of terms to become locked between terms declaration and the vote passing, does the vote fizzle? I assume that it still goes off since the RevCo card text says "each chosen anarch is locked..." and not “each chosen anarch locks to…”

The Anarch only needs to be unlocked when the terms are declared. The result of the successful vote locks the vampire(s). It's not a cost (lock to), it's an effect. So, if the vampire becomes locked in the meantime (Emissary, Disarming Presence, Scalpel Tongue, etc.), it doesn't affect the outcome of the vote.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel, Snodig

More
08 Aug 2020 06:13 #100501 by lip
Any RD link for the codex on that one by any chance ?

More
09 Aug 2020 23:40 #100512 by kschaefer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel, lip

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds