file I made a new game. Thinking about kickstarting.

26 Aug 2012 17:45 #35383 by alternativename
I loved Vtes. But i have resigned myself to the fact that its dead. Unable to get new cards and still having players willing to play i simply made a new game. Hired artist for card layouts, made up a new IP. I even wrote a rule book. Since then i have play tested it over a hundred times with more than 30 people. I have got mostly good feedback from the players.

Its Vtes inspired at its core, but still a different game. Has better artwork :\

Is this something players who play vtes would be interested in? or is it something beyond the game itself that drives you? Would a different IP on a game you love make you not want to play it?

I originally made it because i hated playing a game that i couldn't buy. But im thinking about kickstarting this. Just wanted some opinions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2012 18:19 #35389 by Molloy
I don't think VTES is really dead.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, vragozakas, Boris The Blade, Ohlmann

More
26 Aug 2012 18:40 #35391 by Kraus
Well, can't really say if I don't know the rules nor seen the cards. :) I'd be VERY interested in reading your rules and seeing some cards online first. I've been thinking of the same thing for half a year now, but haven't had the time to really invest in the design yet.

Do you have a website or something up already? If I were you I'd really start promoting and letting people try it out first before attempting kickstarts of any kind. I'd suggest you give people a taste for free, let's say using .pdf cards.

An online rulebook would be a must at least...

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
26 Aug 2012 18:53 #35392 by johannes
I guess I would just be too lazy to try to master another game which is as complex as VTES and if it is not I would probably lose interest very quickly. And VTES is not dead, there will be new cards.

More
26 Aug 2012 19:33 #35397 by alternativename

Well, can't really say if I don't know the rules nor seen the cards. :) I'd be VERY interested in reading your rules and seeing some cards online first. I've been thinking of the same thing for half a year now, but haven't had the time to really invest in the design yet.

Do you have a website or something up already? If I were you I'd really start promoting and letting people try it out first before attempting kickstarts of any kind. I'd suggest you give people a taste for free, let's say using .pdf cards.

An online rulebook would be a must at least...

Well, maybe here in four weeks or so ill feel more confident and go ahead and post some cards and some rules. If anyone is interested just send me an IM and when im ready ill shoot you an email. I have a website that will be going up in a month or two.

If anyone has questions or suggestions please shoot away.

More
28 Aug 2012 07:18 #35438 by mirddes
VTES+LACKEYCCG=LIFE

Have a great day

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds