file Augmented reality and VtES

12 Sep 2018 02:08 #90566 by cmdrKEEN
Replied by cmdrKEEN on topic Augmented reality and VtES
could it be used to show the most recent cardtext on older cards? Would scanning the table for cards be enough to place a new virtual text over it, without having to add something like a qr-code?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2018 09:38 #90568 by Bloodartist

I don’t really see the point in this.
Would I need a device to run an AR app to see what’s on the card?
Why wouldn’t I just use regular cards?

If the regular card has outdated text?

I think this idea is cool and has an actual use (checking the latest errataed text on a card at the very least.

But since our systems are way behind and outdated themselves (our ancient secret library still hasn't updated with lost kindred card texts for example), utilizing this is distant future.

If you wish to do work in this field, I think a new database similar to secret library might be in order.. Something that would be easier to update with new card releases.

ps. I do believe augmented reality involving game cards will be actual reality one day in the far future...

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
12 Sep 2018 14:29 - 12 Sep 2018 14:50 #90573 by Exposer
Replied by Exposer on topic Augmented reality and VtES

could it be used to show the most recent cardtext on older cards? Would scanning the table for cards be enough to place a new virtual text over it, without having to add something like a qr-code?

No need to add something to card. Card itself won't be changed. It's photo just need to be added to the program.
On camera hovering the card can be covered by its actual virtual illustration and text from DB (old card can be not visible this way).
I like the idea with visualizing actual text. It's quite helpful and not complicated to do

NC Belarus
Last edit: 12 Sep 2018 14:50 by Exposer.

More
13 Sep 2018 03:37 - 13 Sep 2018 03:38 #90579 by Boris The Blade

No need to add something to card. Card itself won't be changed. It's photo just need to be added to the program.

If you have a working OCR, you would not even need to add images, only parse card names from the phone pic. Plus a generic detection of the card layout so that you know where to overlay text or illustration. That feels a lot more reachable than trying to individually identify a few VTES cards and pray not to be fooled by any of the other 5000+ VTES cards that the system has never seen.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 03:38 by Boris The Blade.

More
13 Sep 2018 07:23 #90582 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Augmented reality and VtES
So the benefit for this project would be to be able to get the latest card text visible to the VR card?

Certainly way flashier than fetching them the old fashioned way from the interwebs, but does this flashy way really justify he enormous workload?

Also, can the VR thingy also feature possible errata and rulings?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
13 Sep 2018 08:57 - 13 Sep 2018 10:55 #90586 by Exposer
Replied by Exposer on topic Augmented reality and VtES

If you have a working OCR, you would not even need to add images, only parse card names from the phone pic. Plus a generic detection of the card layout so that you know where to overlay text or illustration. That feels a lot more reachable than trying to individually identify a few VTES cards and pray not to be fooled by any of the other 5000+ VTES cards that the system has never seen.

Unfortunately team doesn't use OCR.

So the benefit for this project would be to be able to get the latest card text visible to the VR card?

Certainly way flashier than fetching them the old fashioned way from the interwebs, but does this flashy way really justify he enormous workload?

We will start to work and will see.
I'll show you the demo soon, hopefully today.

Edit: Nope today it won't be completed yet.

NC Belarus
Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 10:55 by Exposer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds