question-circle How to replace an inactive prince?

26 Feb 2019 23:37 - 26 Feb 2019 23:39 #93711 by Cat_in_Exile
So we've been growing our playgroup up here in Vancouver BC, but the "official" prince of the city hasn't been active since around the last time VTES went into torpor, and has previously communicated that she has no interest in picking the mantle back up.

We feel we're close to being able to do tournaments and would like to know how to go about transfering praxis to one of members who's been doing a great job recruiting new players to help facilitate this.

However, as there's no National Coordinator for Canada, we're not sure what we need to do. I've tried contacting Ben Peal (who I believe is still NC for the US, correct?), but haven't heard back.

He's understandably very busy, but seriously, what's the process here?
Last edit: 26 Feb 2019 23:39 by Cat_in_Exile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2019 00:35 #93713 by Kushiel
Karl Schaefer recently pulled off an analogous coup in Pittsburgh. I've contacted him to share the secret of his success here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cat_in_Exile

More
27 Feb 2019 00:43 - 27 Feb 2019 00:44 #93715 by Bloodartist
Here in Finland we figured that there is nothing preventing there being multiple princes in an area. Just have someone else take up princehood. This definitely shouldn't restrict you from organising tournaments.

The lack of regional coordinator, that I don't know about.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 27 Feb 2019 00:44 by Bloodartist.

More
27 Feb 2019 02:34 #93717 by kschaefer
Contact Ginés Quiñonero (Damnans), since most of the princely things involve him updating the Web site and giving you access to the prince list. If the current guy isn't there and there's no NC, I think that's the best bet.

More
27 Feb 2019 08:10 #93721 by Cat_in_Exile
Excellent, I'll pass that along. Thanks!

More
27 Feb 2019 10:12 #93727 by drnlmza

However, as there's no National Coordinator for Canada, we're not sure what we need to do.

With interest in the game taking off again, it's probably a good idea to talk someone into becoming the NC as well.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds