file Best/Favorite inferior discipline

15 Jun 2014 21:55 - 15 Jun 2014 23:52 #63146 by brandonsantacruz
What is the best inferior discipline and why?

What is your favorite inferior discipline and why?

The first question will probably just have a few different answers imo. The second question could vary, especially on the forum ;) I chose a non-forced choice format for the poll because I am interested in everybody's ideas (something I may not guess).

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 15 Jun 2014 23:52 by brandonsantacruz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2014 00:34 #63150 by ICL
Dominate - Does this need an explanation?

Necromancy, from a historical perspective, would edge out Vicissitude. I like more interesting disciplines even if the effects I get them aren't terribly interesting effects. Spectral Divination at inferior is not exactly an unusual effect, though few disciplines had stealth back in the day. Transfusion for free blood is what has kept Necromancy interesting. Vicissitude has stealth bleed off of inferiors, with some bad combat ends for desperate times.

My most commonly played discipline - Auspex - is really dull at inferior.

More
16 Jun 2014 03:02 - 16 Jun 2014 07:19 #63153 by porphyrion
1. somewhat unfortunately: that has always been :dom: IMO. beating deflection, even after twenty years is still hard...

2. :obf: is still better than nothing. a lot of free +1 stealth options. forgotten labyrinth for voting is still good.

:ani: just for a surprise terror frenzy or even a raven spy (preferably with pack alpha, also @ inf).

:ser: for form of corruption alone.

:tem: is also nice. mostly for summon history, of course. lacking outside the hourglass @ sup sucks a bit though.

:thn: for the occasional pressing flesh (too situational to count on, but fun if it gets through; almost crazy at zero blood cost...).

:tha: for magic of the smith, even if just @ +1 stealth it brings that heart of niz that much closer that much faster.

:pro: so you can put two :abo: discipline cards on a vamp ;-) or for elimelech + claws of the dead.

:val: if you go the 'hide the heart everything everywhere' route, inf might be enough.

:pot: immortal grapple @ inf, if you only need one killer punch to finish it (basilia).

definitely forgot: :for: freak drive, one of the alltime most played cards. and also :obf: disguised weapon.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2014 07:19 by porphyrion.

More
16 Jun 2014 03:47 #63154 by brandonsantacruz
1) dominate. It is the only inferior discipline with bounce and it has serious +bleed to boot (the best for an inferior discipline when not playing toreador)

2) In theory my favorite basic discipline is presence. It enables bleed and vote, plus gives S:CE. In practice, a deck has to be pretty special to not feature dom or AUS. Dom, being cheaper and way better in the +bleed department (stealth being equal), usually wins.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
16 Jun 2014 04:50 #63156 by Ylly
Interesting topic :-)

Well, dominate... also presence, auspex, for low-cap gun deck inferior celerity is often enough.

But I will go with Fortitude. Regularly playing Samedi with Corpses, small fortitude really helps keep my zombies "alive".
Then, you have to take into account Force of Will, Freak Drive, Daring the Dawn... all worthwhile cards even at inferior.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porphyrion

More
16 Jun 2014 07:18 - 16 Jun 2014 07:22 #63158 by FrançoisV
The best is probably :dom:, for deflection, obedience, big bleeds

The next best would be IMO :for: for freak drive, daring, and some prevent

and then my choice would be :obf: for free stealth

Also the level of crappyness/awesomeness of some inferiors depend on what other disciplines you play, and some other stuff. For example I think :cel: is usually not really good per se but gives access to forced march if you play fortitude or scalpel tongue if you play presence. :ani: is much better when there is some :POT: around because DotB. :tha: is usually only good for MoTS but if you play anarch stuff you'll love it for Crimethinc, etc.

:aus: is probably the least interesting inferior, even though there is a sh**load of dual discipline cards using it. But even then, there is Revelations or Aura Reading as interesting stuff to do with it.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2014 07:22 by FrançoisV.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds