question-circle Poll : Default topic subscription behaviour

Poll: Poll : Default topic subscription behaviour (was ended 2011-02-08 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
25 Jan 2011 17:53 #792 by jhattara
Some people have complained about the Subscribe checkbox being checked by default, so now we're going to have a poll about the default behaviour. Do you want to get notified when someone replies to your posts? Do you feel that notifications are clogging your e-mail? Let us know what is your preference about the default behaviour of the "Subscribe" checkbox.

The result of this poll is not a binding decision, but we'll certainly take it into account when developing the site. Comments are appreciated.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2011 20:45 #797 by Juggernaut1981
My email is set up to divert all of the VEKN stuff to a folder, not to my general inbox.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
25 Jan 2011 21:50 #801 by bakija
Much like I irrationally hate graphic smileys, I also hate getting e-mails that someone has responded to some thread. I come here and look around. I don't need an e-mail about it. I mean, yeah, I can always check the "don't subscribe" box, but I often forget. And then become irritated when an e-mail shows up. So clearly, I'd prefer that the default is "don't subscribe".

More
26 Jan 2011 21:35 #815 by jhattara
I think the results of this poll is quite clear already. I'll change the behavior into "don't subscribe" as default.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, TorranceCircle

More
28 Jan 2011 15:41 #913 by Shockwave
In general, all options should be 'opt-in' as opposed to 'opt-out'. Follow this principle and it'll be fine, Jussi. ;)

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds