file Strix and Mirror Walk

12 Dec 2011 09:33 #18128 by Pascal Bertrand
I'm putting this one on the list for review.
Maybe we should have mandatory triggering "end of action" effects happen - but this hasn't been investigated. Any comments are welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: henrik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2011 09:44 #18129 by henrik
Replied by henrik on topic Re: Strix and Mirror Walk
Something just struck me. Some cards have the text "Do not replace until the end of the action."
If the "end of the action" effects doesn't trigger after playing Bum's Rush, superior Mirror Walk and getting blocked wouldn't that mean that Bum's Rush would never be replaced?

Bum's Rush
Cardtype: Action
Do not replace until the end of this action.
(D) Enter combat with a ready minion controlled by another Methuselah. The acting minion gets an optional maneuver during this combat.

More
12 Dec 2011 09:57 #18130 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Strix and Mirror Walk
I believe that Bum's rush does not read "replace it when the action end", but "do not replace as long as the action is not ended". So, you would replace it anyway once the action is ended.

More
12 Dec 2011 10:03 #18131 by henrik
Replied by henrik on topic Re: Strix and Mirror Walk

I believe that Bum's rush does not read "replace it when the action end", but "do not replace as long as the action is not ended". So, you would replace it anyway once the action is ended.

According to the latest print (HttB) and the card list on this site, the text I copied in my post is the most recent.

To you have any source for this other card text?

More
12 Dec 2011 10:33 - 12 Dec 2011 10:37 #18135 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Strix and Mirror Walk

According to the latest print (HttB) and the card list on this site, the text I copied in my post is the most recent.

I wasn't clear, sorry. I was not talking about the text but about what it mean.

The text does not mean that you replace the card once the action is ended (and may lose it forever if the step is skipped), but that you don't replace it while a condition is true, the condition being that the action is not ended.

Once the Bum's rush is finished in any way, the condition is false (the bum's rush is effectively ended), so per the normal rule you replace immediatly.

At least, that's what I have understood about card replacement. They are no delayed draw in VtES that could be cancelled, unlike what you could see in Magic.
Last edit: 12 Dec 2011 10:37 by Ohlmann.

More
12 Dec 2011 11:02 #18139 by Pascal Bertrand

The text does not mean that you replace the card once the action is ended (and may lose it forever if the step is skipped), but that you don't replace it while a condition is true, the condition being that the action is not ended.

Correct.
This, however, might add some confusion when it comes to Steely Tenacity..

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds